Put lava in Gates

You know Gates right? That Duos map with an odd structure that’s decent for rushing? That Hell themed map that plays rather calm music despite its theme?

Well, in the center island, there are certain places with red stained glass covering red concrete powder posing as lava. My suggestion is to remove that red concrete powder and replace it with actual lava.

I know this can be done because the start of Primus (DR) has lava as an obstacle instead of water.

If someone tries to break the glass and falls down they will be stuck in the lava, not being able to jump out though, that could be a problem.

It’s quite difficult to fall through a block when you break it, as there’s only a small window that you can fall in.

I fell through the top of Snowglobe doing it, but the timing was pretty hard.

Plus, why would someone willingly do that? I did the above thing because I was curious. I’m pretty sure someone would only want to fall into the lava to see if it does damage.

You’re making the very big assumption that everyone has a good connection

You answered your own question.

2 Likes

Both of those are good points.

A solution to the falling through the glass issue would be to incorporate an extra layer of glass. The lava would go under that layer.

What’s the point of this

It’s an aesthetic change, like this one.

That ones not just for looks though

1 Like

Trap time

If it wasn’t aesthetic it could make for some fun pvp, such as knocking players in lava. To prevent the lava being diverted through out the map you could use edited barriers or something like that.