Promoting the Forums

The Forums Need Expansion

I’ve been on the Hive Forums for quite some time now, but I didn’t find out about it until long after I started playing on Hive.

What I’ve discovered over time is that there’s about 15 of us “regulars” who log on daily to respond to topics and engage in conversation frequently. And while there are others who throw suggestions out there, the Forums is kind of a small space.

The Idea

The Hive should more regularly promote the use of the Forums within their server. For example, during gameplay an occasional,

Interested in Applying for Helper?

message appears. I feel the same format should be used to promote the use of the Forums. I know there is already a message that appears in chat,
But it’s so easy to gloss over :pensive: it doesn’t scream, “here we are!”

I think a catchier phrase would be:
Want to Contribute to the Hive? Join the Forums on our Website!

This will not only help the use of the Forums to grow, but also show that the Hive cares about its community, even in the eyes of those who do not care to contribute.

Why?

For multiple reasons:
  1. Like I previously mentioned, it will show outwardly that the Hive cares about its community.

2. More active people to promote topics. The more people, the better the system will work. It will show in greater clarity what topics are of interest to the playerbase, and more ideas will flow. This essentially does a lot of the Developers’ work: figuring out what should be the priority to code/create.

3. Human interaction. Forums users (like myself) can welcome new ones into the community with open arms, “breaking the ice” between the paid, busy development team and the players themselves. It contributes to the community, and will keep people here.

I believe by attempting to expand the scope of the forums, we can contribute to an overall happier community :heart: Thank you!

1 Like

Another thing is that they should say 13+ because most of the players might go there without being 13+. I’ve probably seen many under the age for the forums joining

6 Likes

This idea does seem good but this probably could get out of hand due to many people possibly not knowing how the forums work. Also could potentially be a pain for mods to deal with if people are breaking the rules and being disrespectful.

I’ll just vote cuz why not, still good to at least get the forums more attraction and possibly better suggestions (no offense to anyone btw).

5 Likes

Sounds a good idea.
Maybe it’s just because people are too busy with their lives so it appears like there are only a few “regulars”?(for example I only log on weekends because I have schoolwork for weekdays)
And…i discovered that some new members didn’t really read the rules before posting(probably), because I saw many topics that have been mentioned before, and it was clearly said remember to use search before posting.
Anyway it do have some benefits but there may also be some risks(well i heard that Bedrock has many children?)

1 Like

don’t they have this?
or was it removed?

3 Likes

Wait I’m having a complete mental block, did the forums shut down off topic and games in 2022 or 21.

Oh I think you are correct. I completely forget about that! I’ll acknowledge it in my post.

1 Like

22 I think, around when arcade released

2 Likes

I’m not sure you remember, but before around August
( before they removed lotpw and forum games and off topic), the forums was massive. There were different clans, different smps and hundreds, if not thousands of people active.

But then hive removed lotpw and the forums kinda died, and that was hives intention, it was a pain to moderate 100s of people having conversations in loads of different topics. Also after some members were perma banned, lots of regulars were being toxic to new forumers.

I dont think hive wants to bring any of that back, despite the amazing community the forums would get again.

3 Likes

I see. That’s rather unfortunate :frowning: even if they don’t add those features back, however, it’d be nice to see the Forums more promoted within the server, and get more people using what is already here

1 Like

I got a little side tracked, I meant more people on the forums may be to hard to moderate

4 Likes

Its there. I have seen it multiple times.

:skull:
thanks for pointing it out

Yes I understand that. :joy: but still

if the reminder is any more “catchy” than the original, I kinda dont want it lol

1 Like

Well you’re already ON the Forums silly goose :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I would love for Hive to promote the forums more, maybe even in The Buzz. However, it kinda feels like Hive just wants to leave the forumers to die and just use the bug report feature.

Also, do I count as a regular? :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Try turning it back on topic now :>

1 Like

I think promoting the forums would be good BUT I also think you’d have to put extra measures in to get people to actually read the rules, so there isn’t as much duping of posts and stuff like that.

???

how do i get small text?

1 Like

You can use html markup tags to alter text. for example, if you write a sentence like
<small>im a little gnome</small> it looks like im a little gnome. make sure you use the </small> tag at the end so it doesn’t keep going.

1 Like