Pripyat block choices dont match the map

hi all!

ive noticed whilst playing on pripyat, you can choose an oak leaf, however theres hardly any oak leaves on the map. all the leaves seem to be spruce so you kind of stand out like a sore thumb.

its not just on pripyat, on some other maps too the blocks dont seem to match the actual map, it usually tends to be different leaf choices. i think if the block choices fit the maps better, instead of always being oak leaves, it would be a lot more immersive and a bit more of a challenge for the seekers, rather than immediately spotting hiders due to them not fitting in. its the same with different types of wood stairs too.

what do you guys think? :slight_smile:

I def have to agree, it makes it so easy to seek maps like pripyat or chime. However, on the flip side, people still win as leaves on those maps so maybe its fine and balanced the way it is?

7 Likes

Idk I always thought they did that to make leaves easier to find or something. I mean that doesn’t really make sense but yeah.

6 Likes

Hello! this would be a great idea, i almost never choose oak leaves because of it.

1 Like

me too- and the bookshelf options are sucky too because theres only a tiny area with bookshelves and hardly anywhere in them to hide

i suppose, but almost every game i play the leaves are always found first unless theyre running from the seekers and not actually hiding

1 Like

yea i get that too, but it seems the leaves that arent caught are the ones just running from hiders and not actually hiding lol

I think they should just update the maps instead of changing the blocks you can hide as, would be easier I believe.
Whats that extremely small map, kingson I think? Whatever it’s called it definitely needs updated, its so small. No where to hide, has like two small building and a fountain outside.

1 Like

I would disagree, kingston has some good spots (tho tbf I never hide or run on kingston anyways, I always seek that map). What hide really needs is more maps.

Also why kingston in particular? Talavera, hospital, and plasma are arguably worse for blocks and goldrush is up there too. I can’t for the life of me figure out why u picked kingston.

Kingston was ported from hive java where there were 24 players in a game instead of hive bedrock’s 16. Granted, you could hide as more blocks (cakes, for example (we should get to hide as more blocks frfr)), but it’s actually less crowded then when it was implemented.

1 Like

Just cuz it’s small. More maps would be great, just would happen for a year or longer. They really gotta quit addding games after gravity, put more focus into updating games. So many games that need updates. I said stuff about updating maps since it would be way easier than making new maps. More blocks would be great too!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure new games attract more players than updating old ones. Also they are updating old ones too, dr got 2 new maps and mm is going to get map(s) as well, supposedly. I personally feel like they’ve found a great balance between updating existing games and adding new ones.

3 Likes

Yeah even though I definitely wouldn’t mind some old game updates, new games would be way better for attracting new players and would just be better in my opinion.

1 Like

If they used the exact same leaf on the map it would be impossible to find all the hiders, so this makes it different but still allows for a lot of hiding spots (e.g. around some spruce leaves).

1 Like

I agree that Pripyat can get boring for hiders at times with the 3 options.
After testing with some of the blocks available in Custom Servers I think the “Gray Wool” block should be added to the map as it is similar to andesite, stone and cobblestone blocks, though still standing out somewhat (Similar to oak leaves in most maps sticking out amongst other types of leaves). There are also traces of the block actually found around the map like being found on the floor of certain buildings or ever on the walls outside of the pool building. It almost looks like this block was meant to come to this map in some spots lol

What do you guys think? Maybe there’s another block that’s perfect for this map.

5 Likes

Well I played Pripyat yesterday and you know what? I was the last but one to be found. And the last hider is also oak leave and I found it when there is 1min left.
On other maps I sometimes also choose oak leave such as China Town, I did this once and I got caught when there are 6 hiders.
Though I like running around, that two rounds I just keep hiding until I was found.

Pripyat just needs more block choices in general. Right now it only has 3 options, and the bookshelves can only be found in one spot. The leaves are the wrong type, and there are no dark oak stairs AT ALL! This map needs to be either redesigned entirely, or new block types need to be added.

1 Like

It appears to me that when you choose Oak Leaves, your color (that changes based on what biome you’re in) does change to fit with the biome, so when a seeker sees a leaf block it appears as the same color. As for the stairs on Pripyat… Let’s just say I’ve never survived as stairs. If we change it all to be exactly the same, though, the seekers will have to rely on memorizing patterns and watching people hide.

Isn’t that literally how you’re supposed to win as a seeker?

Also AngriDucc became a helper :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I actually love this! It make’s sitting around and watching people above you not even see you! It also make’s it a whole lot more challenging to find a good spot.

that would be bc of ur texture pack, the leaves on pripyat are iirc mainly spruce (and maybe birch i forget) with the leaf wall on the side and a few oak leaves being scattered throughout the map in like 2 different places (near spawn along the wall and in the holes in the ground at mid). They don’t blend in at all.

As for dark oak stairs theres only like a single spot where they blend in, being the side and top of the dark oak stair truck.

As for bookshelves ye they don’t have a single good spot lol.

Thats why imo cobble and gray wool should be blocks, they wouldn’t be op but would def help balance and allow for more blending into the map

1 Like