Please allow some of the Spongebob DLC skins on The Hive

It would be cool if some of them were allowed

For The Last 11 months, ive always wanted to Wear some of the spongebob DLC skins in the hive, but you couldn’t, and now im here in my first hive Suggestion post to explain why some of them Have no problems

So I’ve seen that Almost half of the skins that were allowed were blocked in the Server, for example, The Star Wars Classic Skin Pack Darth Vader skin, all of the LBP skins and even the character creator skins, however, there was something Unusual that brought this idea to my mind, I’ve seen people wearing a 4D wither skin from the 2nd birthday pack 2 years ago, and its still allowed to this day, so I’ve spent alot of time testing the skins and see if they can work in the hive without any unfair advantages, here are all the Skins i have tested with and without armor and how they could work in the server.
1- Spongebob and all of His Variants
2- Squidward and All of His Variants
3- Squilliam
4- Mr Krabs and all of His Variants
5- Sandy
6- Goofy
7- Goober
8- Bubble Buddy
9- Barnacle Boy
10- Fred
11- Chocolate Guy
12- Mary
13- Cyclops
14- Old Man Jenkins Jr.
15- Dream Gary
16- Patrick and all of his Variants
17- Pearl Krabs and Her Variant
18- The Flying Dutchman
19- sheldon J. Plankton
20- Karen Plankton
And heres a video clip showing them off with and without armor

Skins like bubble bass, Larry The Lobster, etc are way too big/janky and probably have a unfair advantage if they were allowed, thanks for Reading this suggestion and i hope they can be allowed some day.

Probably best first topic I have seen on the forums (in my time on here). I do think Hive should be less strict with skins, you defintely have my vote!

6 Likes

Thank you very much, i agree, Hive’s old skin system was Way better, I’ve been Playing this server since the time servers were added on Consoles (2020)

2 Likes

Servers came to Minecraft Bedrock in the Better Together Update, which was in 2018.

2 Likes

He may be talking about when PS4 gained server acsess, If I remember rightly PlayStation Edition was still a thing for a bit after the better together update.

5 Likes

Now that you mention it, i do remember seeing some servers on mobile while playing Legacy Edition. Oh yeah your right i understand now.

4 Likes

I agree with this (tho idk why they even do that I mostly use a skin from a free marketplace pack when it’s not the DP) voted

4 Likes

I know, i joined The hive in 2020

2 Likes

I was talking about it so yeah

3 Likes

Ik that an exception is made when double posting to separately responding to people, but there’s another way:

You can @ people by typing @ and then the rest of the people in this discussion will come up that u can select from. Ik that double posting is fine lk this but people may accidentally forget that

Also I joined at lk ‘21 I think

4 Likes

Yeah, didn’t hive bedrock launch that year when Java Hive was shut down?

1 Like

There was a 2-3 year period where both servers existed at the same time.

2 Likes

Ok here is a short timeline of this to clear up any confusion:

Better Together Update/1.13 releases 2018, creating Bedrock Edition.

Hive Bedrock releases a few months after.

December 2019 PS can now acsess bedrock edition.

Hive Java shutdown in 2021.

I joined Hive December 2018, and joined the forums February this year.

5 Likes

I saw your other post, which showed a video with the skins you want the Hive to make available and I personally think that those skins are way to anormal to be added. The Mr Crabs skin for example was way smaller than the normal skins and by being so small, players in PvP gamemodes would get confused where the hotbox is.

• if you want to add something like a video or mention something similar/ change the subject to something similar, you could just edit the post and add it there. The other post feels more like a duplicate post and everyone knows that duplicates are not so happy to see. At least that’s what I think.
3 Likes

Well, that would be very terrible because ive been waiting for 11 Whole months for them to be allowed, i Said im not wearing them for any advantages, plus i dont play Skywars, Treasure wars very often but instead i play Murder Mystery and Hide And Seek, Block Drop, etc, so its very disappointing if it wont happen, tell me the skins that are fair

Unfortunately, even if you won’t use them to gain an advantage, other people will.

2 Likes

i understand, but its just unfair how strict the automatic skin filter is.

1 Like

@Sanessssssss279 it isn’t that strict though. On YouTube you can find many videos showing 4d geometry skins which actually aren’t allowed but still work on the Hive. The thing with those skins is probably the size of them. The Tadäus (I think he is called squidward in english) skin is too tall and the Mr Crabs skin is too wide. Same goes for other skins. The geometry may not be too big or too small or contain too many bones (cubes).

2 Likes

Strange… Strange…

4 Likes

You know what’s even stranger? Some villager skins aren’t allowed, like the witch and the zombie villager. Also, the sheep in a top hat, the only free skin that i like, isn’t allowed. But the steve with a party hat (which is bigger than the top hat btw) is allowed for some reason. How does this even work!?

6 Likes