Ore Drops Should Spawn on Top of Ores

A lot of the time when you break an ore on the side of the map, the items fall into the void and you lose them. I feel like if the items spawned a block or half above, this would no longer be an issue.

1 Like

I like your idea, but I’m confused about how this would fix it.

The items would spawn on top of the ore, and they wouldn’t collide with the ore’s hitbox and get knocked off.

5 Likes

How do they collide with the ore’s hitbox, if the ore is broken? I think it may just be a part of item physics. If your break something that doesn’t have a solid hitbox like a flower, the item still bounces in a random direction. If there was a way to turn that game mechanic off, that would a good solution

I’m not sure exactly how they’re colliding, it’s most likely down to server lag, since the action of you breaking the block takes a tiny bit of time to be sent to the server and tell it to break. In that small fraction of time, the item is spawned immediately and collides with the hitbox a split second before it’s registered that it’s been broken by the server. (This is all speculation, I’m not sure on this) Whatever is causing it, spawning the item on top would probably fix the issue.

EDIT, If you actually slow it down this does appear to be the case

3 Likes

It would definitely be something worth experimenting with at the very least :smile:

1 Like

Of course! If this is caused by another issue, such as the one you suggested,

this might not even be worth changing/fixing. I just find this frustrating when I mine a diamond ore and have the armor lost in the void :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Right now I put andesite around the ore to save the item, so you could try that for now

4 Likes

Maybe make the item spawn like 0.5 seconds later?

1 Like

I like this idea! Vote from me.

When the blocks fall off

ThanPixel: All around me are familiar faces…

Also this is a good idea. I don’t know how many times a sharp 2 iron or prot 1 helm fell off because of that!

3 Likes

Bump. We really need this! This is incredibly relatable. Alot of items go to waste as a result of this.

3 Likes

isnt the ore drops supposed to be a loot table
like they changed the loot table for the ores
and the items falling off is a minecraft thing when u mine something it falls to its side the items dont fall vertically downwards

You know server can modify a lot of physics for entities, right?
Don’t you notice how items have so much gravity when you break a block above the void and you can’t pick them up?

until they fix this block off blocks on the edge so they don’t go off

bunp

when you break a chest the items don’t do this, but they do with ores.

when you kill a player in normal mc, items go everywhere, which I think is related idrk

If they can do this with breaking blocks in Treasure Wars, it’s definitely possible in Skywars.

If you’re good at switching inventory slots, as soon as you mine the ore, place a block under it and you won’t even need to cover the edges, it’ll stick on top of the block as long as you do it fast enough. Just a tip for now ofc (randomly came across EvidentP’s stream and saw him do this lol) aside that, I like this idea ^^

1 Like

I cannot count how many emeralds and diamond loot I have lost because of this(Probably around 20)

Also it could transfer to our inventory as soon as it breaks instead of dropping normally(Unless inventory is full) and it could help counter players trying to steal from you.

1 Like

This is something they should add, it is always so annoying to have something fall of the edge because of how you mine it. I have lost so many things due to this.