Notify Players When Crate Opened

If you’ve ever played Survival Games then you probably have seen or opened a Supply Crate. Sometimes if you find one it’s either looted or completely empty

great.

So what if they made an announcement that said something like
“{display_name} has opened the supply crate!”

so then people would know that they should stop looking for the dang thing and fight people.

solution 100

I think that’s part of the fun though lol.
I’m indifferent on this though honestly

11 Likes

if it said who had it, many players would target because of the better loot.

2 Likes

Yea whoever opened it could be named or remained anonymous.

1 Like

it should be changable in custom servers to show players name if you don’t want them anonymous

2 Likes

I feel like that’s a great idea.

1 Like

Not going to lie this is a pretty useful feature.

1 Like

Now I do feel like it should remain anonymous because of targeting for loot.

1 Like

edit the postt

1 Like

wait…

what if I get the crate multiple games?

I also feel like some sort of compass that points you to the dropping supply drop would be nice, always am running around the map looking for the lightning and its annoying.

3 Likes

Just memorize where it lands, and if you can’t see the lightning, then you can predict where it is. Compasses would make it so that everyone could find it so half the players will die as soon as it is shown.

2 Likes

Honestly I quite like the compass idea, it would make it more about strategy instead of luck.

3 Likes

I see your point, but how would it make it stratagy? It would still be luck even if it lands near or far away from you

1 Like

People would fight over it and maybe sneak attack someone looking in it, or find people there to kill who went to find it.

4 Likes

I’m going to go a no on the compass. It would bring another bloodbath and I’m pretty sure they added lightning instead of a compass for a reason. If you circle around middle, there’s a pretty good chance you can see the supply crate.

Games tend to take to long as people always run and not fight, if there is a compass pointing to a supply drop then games will go faster and more people will fight. Sure you can memorize the locations and circle around middle to find it, but that just makes the games slower.

2 Likes

You have an amazing point! They could a border which would make it so that players would find each other faster, but I can’t remember if they said no to it

Let’s stay on topic, but @Artiath it’s the reason they have a deathmatch.

1 Like

Yes, but deathmatch happens when 4 or less people are alive, so if more people die, then it will start sooner making the games faster. Or a border would also be nice to actually get people to fight.