New Types Of Projectiles in MM

This suggestion has been slightly revamped. Credit to @DuncanDont for the suggestions.

We’ve all gotten a zapper and fired it at least once. No judgement for misfiring, it happens all the time.

Anyways, I’ve been a fan of Murder Mystery, and I can say it is one of my top 3 games I play on Hive. But honestly, speedrunning your way to 10 coins and getting a one-shot zapper, only to be killed by the murderer right as you miss, or get killed by another Innocent by mistake gets so boring to the point where zappers are just early-game items now. I’m not even going to start with being able to snipe on 3 people in a group from a high vantage point with a throwable, only to realize that there’s no splash damage and then…
-* zapper *
YoU DiEd. YoU WiLL bE tAkEn tO tHe GrAvEyArD sOoN.

But, what if Hive was like “Get 50 XP with a zapper for a random projectile upgrade!” Or, going up to innocent’s gravestones who had a zapper will contain a new random projectile that you can use.

Or better yet, the murderer could actually make use of collecting coins besides getting XP and then hitting that 200 XP cap 2 minutes later…

5 new projectiles.

1. TNT projectile (Murderer Only) - Every 10th coin (after usage of special projectile) will upgrade your next projectile into an explosive! You will hear the sound of TNT fizzing, and will kill all players in a 2x2x2 cube on impact.
    Edit: Reduced hitbox size.

2. The Zapper of Truth (Sheriff Only, and there must be less than or equal to 90 seconds left in the game) - This zapper does not deal any damage. Shoot a player with this zapper charge (This will have the resemblance of a green tipped arrow), and it will reveal their role for 5 seconds. Automatically given to the Sheriff as a secondary projectile, with a 30-second cooldown. Sneak to activate secondary projectile firing mode. The Sheriff must have at least 75 XP to be able to fire this zapper charge.
    EDIT: Made this projectile Sheriff-only, and a late game item.

3. The Teleporter (Innocent Only, and can only be used when there are 2 or less minutes left) - This can ONLY be obtained once by getting 3 super coins. (purple) Innocents can sneak to activate a secondary zapper, that will teleport Innocents to where the projectile lands. Note that if you fire the projectile at a place where you can’t move, is unfair game, or too high up, the projectile will come back to your inventory, and you will not be teleported.

EDIT: Yeah, I guess you’re right. Lock on projectiles are too unfair.

1. Zap Trap (Sheriff and Innocent only, only 3 can be in the map at a time, and can only be used when there are less than or equal to 180 seconds) - A special type of trap that can be placed by innocents or sheriffs. If you get 20 XP without touching ANY coins, this item spawns in your inventory. Now, the zap trap will look like a random gravestone. It will explode when the murderer, A: touches it. B: kills an Innocent or Sheriff within a 5x5 radius. Can be placed anywhere (not including warp pads or teleporters)

2. Murderer-Go-Brr zapper charge (Sheriff Only, usable only when there are 90 or less seconds) - Similar to the Zapper of Truth, the Sheriff will receive this zapper charge after 3 minutes and 30 seconds, or when there are 4 innocents left, or if the Sheriff gets 30 coins. This zapper will show a projectile trail in the direction where the murderer is. The murderer then gets blinded for 10 seconds IF the projectile hits the murderer before flying more than 15 blocks.
    EDIT: It’s Sheriff-only. Murderers cannot get zapper charges.

Welcome to Hive Forums :cubee:

Well, your concept is pretty cool; but how do we get them?

BTW, VOTED :+1:t3:

3 Likes

one thing to consider though: the murderer is already hard enough as is, making 4 new ways to die only makes it more difficult

1 Like

This is an alright idea, though I wouldn’t make the killbox this huge, it would be absurdly unfair. Making the killbox 1.5x or maybe 2x the size of the Hitbox should suffice.

This is also not a bad idea, however this should be something that should only be integrated into the Sheriff in the lategame. This would help speed up the game if it is dragging out too long, along with that after the role is shown the Sheriff has to wait until the 5 seconds is up to shoot the Zapper. The Murderer should also be notified.

Strongly Disagree with this one, A lock on ranged weapon, in any event, should never be used, especially if the weapon has the power to finish the game in one shot. As per already mentioned, Murderer is already difficult enough, innocents don’t really need a Guided Zapper.

this is alright if the Blindness is removed, blindness feels like something an innocent shouldn’t have and it isn’t necessary make more difficult for the Murderer as is.

I believe that is all, upvoting the post under the thoughts I’ve shared,

2 Likes