New team colours

Idea :bulb:
Add new team colours in Ground Wars.

Colour Combos :art:
Rather than randomly selecting two colours for each team, it should instead pick from colour combos.

List of Colour Combos

Cyan-Lime | The default ground wars colours

Red-Blue | The classic turf wars colours

Lime-Magenta | Inspired by Splatoon

Orange-Blue | From Splatoon

Blue-Yellow

Red-Orange

Light Blue-Pink

{LTM} Lime-Pink | In cycle around Easter

{LTM} Purple-Orange | In cycle around Halloween

{LTM} Lime-Red | In cycle around Christmas

Custom Server Implementation :control_knobs:
In custom servers, you could decide which colour combo is chosen, or make it random.

Why? :question:
This would add some much needed variety to Ground Wars games.
Plus, it shouldn’t be too hard to implement.

Notes :spiral_notepad:
Of course, things like the blocks and start messages would be changed to go with the colour combos.
This suggestion can be expanded on in many ways. You could vote for a colour combo, have set colour combos for each map and so on.

2 Likes

This is a brilliant idea, I agree that this would add a lot of variety to the game!

2 Likes

I thought about this while watching a splatoon direct, I think it’s an awesome idea

8 Likes

From a coding pov aswell it seems pretty easy to do, since you can just change the id of the block that’s being added, even if they didn’t do this, they should definitely make each map have a different colour scheme, like inferno could have red and yellow or something

idk bout u but when I think of infernos, volcanos and dragons, I don’t think ah, yes sky blue and lime green

6 Likes

teeny tiny bump
number go up i happy
:beedance: :skull: :thinking: :cold_face: :flushed: :aggressive_laughter: :exclamation: :translations: :trophy: :zany: :splodger:

5 Likes

This would make the game very interesting, I’d love to see this added in a future game/content update! :o

More colors that could work:

• Aqua and Magenta
  • Black and White
  • Lime and Magenta (I think this would be better than Green/Purple)
  • Orange and Blue (Splatoon 1)
  • Turquoise and Magenta
  • Turquoise and Orange
  • Purple and Turquoise
8 Likes

I’m not really sure about most of those colour combos (why all the turquoise :sweat_smile: )

I’ve updated the post which added the real splatoon 1 colours.
I’ve also changed green-purple to lime-purple however I don’t think lime-magenta would be as cool.

1 Like

Aren’t aqua + magenta, turquoise + magenta and turquoise + purple very similar (I’m aware they’re just concepts just pointing it out lol)

Only a few should be added, not all of them :D

1 Like

Also default splatoon 2 colours are neon pink and neon green, not purple and lime

1 Like

I rather this colour design over that one :smile:

Love the color combination ideas :open_mouth:

bumpity bumpity

Its no longer national bump groundwars day, I declare that it is universal bump groundwars week!

1 Like

I can’t believe i forgor about this one :skull:

Bump, this is such an underrated post and such an amazing one!
It would help to add uniqueness to Ground Wars, and I would love it! :ballot_box:

3 Likes

This is a super nice idea, it would make each game a little bit different and add some variety to ground wars. Maybe in custom servers you could also select each colour individually (not just from pre made combinations).

2 Likes

Hmm.

I haven’t seen footage of the original form of ground wars (snow wars) but I don’t think it had green and blue teams
If they did it before, they can do it again!

1 Like

This is a great idea! Voted!

2 Likes

This is a screenshot from Fowben’s Snow Wars video. It is important to verify your claims before trying to convince others of them so you don’t spread misinformation. They have not done it before, therefore they are incapable of ever doing it. The last sentence was a joke, I think they can but probably won’t. I hope they do though because this is a legitimately good idea.

Also accidental bump because I confused June with July. :expressionless:

5 Likes