New Rule for the Discord Server :0

I wouldn’t be suggesting it until now, but I think No flashing emotes should be a rule
As someone with epilepsy, seeing flashing things isn’t the best thing plus for some people in general it hurts their eyes
There seems to be a problem with it because mods/helpers constantly have to delete the emotes that are flashing
I think it would just be good to put into the rules so it happens less often for a
safer and more friendlier discord server for everyone :))

You can always just turn off “Play animated Emoji” in your discord settings.

9 Likes

what if he wants to see animated emojis? i know auggie loves to use the catjam emoji, and sometimes people do flashing emojis lol

3 Likes

That does not excessively flash

1 Like

Wouldn’t that kinda ruin the point of nitro? :rofl: I like using my animated snake emotes

4 Likes

I agree! I see they are sometimes deleted so abolishing it altogether would be nice.

4 Likes

Yeah the hive needs a consistent rule on these

5 Likes

NOOO dont get rid of that cat bobbing their head!!!1
I forgot what it’s called, one called :ASsahiBop: or something

1 Like

That emote is not overly flashy, it’s a simply animated emote.

7 Likes

ok good I love staring at it

3 Likes

Yeah I agree with your post but just in case you can always turn off animated emojis.

The only problem I can find with this would be that by including this rule, some people would not understand the parameters of what counts as a flashy emote. Leaving some to stop using animated emojis all together from fear of knowing that they might break a rule. Still going to give it a vote, just saying that this might be a problem.

4 Likes

Maybe word it as excessive Flashing lights not just animated emojis in general
Most peeps should have the common sense to understand what a excessive flashing emote is but yeah it’s a choice between moderating it and nerfing it all together

Rule # : no EXCESSIVE flashing emotes or FAST flashing emotes
So still making animated emotes allowed but not flashing ones with lights

4 Likes

when you dont have discord :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes I do, I just said you can turn of animated emojis as an extra precaution.

2 Likes

bbbut we all love our asashicatbop!

1 Like

The whole point is we want animated emojis, but a rule against flashy ones.

2 Likes

PK Flash is OP

This has been accepted :D

@Hlzyzptlk(because why not) change this topic to #suggestions:accepted-ideas please and thanks :)

10 Likes