New mode: Death Run Hardcore mode!

There have been a couple of ideas floating around about a possible “Hardcore mode” for Death Run, so I would like to share mine! Essentially, this mode basically shares the same concept of the normal Death Run mode, but with a twist. This includes features such as shorter trap cooldowns, limited respawns, a shorter time limit, more xp gained, and more deaths. I and many others feel that Death Run needs a little more spice to it, so I feel that this would be the perfect way to satisfy players who are looking for a challenge. Let me explain how these features work…

Shorter trap cooldowns

Essentially, the trap cooldowns will be twice as short as they would in normal Death Run, which makes players want to be more careful when running towards the finish line. This isn’t the only thing that will make this new mode more nerve-racking though. The features to come also play an important role here… especially this next one!

Limited respawns

Instead of being able to respawn after dying without having to worry too much, each runner can respawn up to 3 times. After that, they get eliminated from the game. However, everytime a runner reaches a checkpoint, they will get an extra life to balance it out. This will make runners tremble on their feet and leave them being for cautious.

Shorter time limit

To make things even more nerve-racking, the time limit is twice as short as it is in normal Death Run. This again adds more much-needed spice to the game, making it more fun and challenging for players. However, why would players want to play this mode instead of the normal mode? Take a look at this next feature…

More xp gained

This mode grants players twice as much experience as normal Death Run does, making the risk of this mode worth while. If this feature weren’t added, players might rather stick with the normal mode as they would just get the same rewards otherwise. For more experienced players, this could also help them grind alot faster, making Death Run less repetitive. What’s risk without a reward? Right?

More deaths

Yes, you heard me right, more deaths will be chosen in this mode. Instead of just two deaths, there will be 4 deaths. This again will add more apice into the mix, and it will also reduce the chance of runners out running the deaths like in normal Death Run. In normal Death Run, there are some games where I am able to out run the deaths, allowing for me to easily finish early. In this mode, more deaths equals more trouble!

Summary

To put it bluntly, this mode would be a great addition for the Death Run community. It will add a nice new challenge, and it will add more rewards for taking part in it. If you want this mode to be added, feel free to vote!

1 Like

I agree with more xp. Imagine if it was the same. Nobody would play that mode.
Also, more xp for first place

2 Likes

I’d rather have just run/time trials

3 Likes

It could work without the limited respawns. I read the description of Java Deathrun, and this is one of the reason I wouldn’t enjoy it as much.

1 Like

I mean, its “Hardcore Mode”

1 Like

7 Likes

Bump this idea is actually kinda good

2 Likes