New Minigame | Glide

Hello!

• Yes it has been a long time since I have spoken but I just couldn’t wait any longer to say this idea but, I’ll give it a shot! :smile:

New Minigame - Glide!

If you have ever played Space Glide by InPvP or Console Edition ( These are the only ones I know ) you know it involves one thing, Flying. With. ELYTRAS. Now although Space Glide is great for a Minigame I want the feel to be aimed toward the nostalgic Console Edition Glide Mini Game.

• Since I dont wanna wait any longer I’m going to get straight into it and how this will work out.

Gameplay

The Game is pretty simple, you go through obstacles and loops to avoid dying! But, How will you know if you are in danger? That’s when the health bar comes in! Of course, you start with 3 hearts that is in the middle bottom of your screen to know what health you are at, If you look at images of Glide Mini Game you can see at the bottom of the hearts, it’s what your progress is. But instead I wanted to make that into when you turn and how stable you are, so when you are stable and flying perfectly it will glow and give you points for being stable and turning perfectly! So now what about the progress? Well me, the progress bar of how close you are to the finish line won’t be any different from the original except it shows others progress and on the left side of your screen. There is also like the original a timer and ms on the top right, which I want to add. But also there should be a point counter on the bottom of the timer and ms that shows how much points and how well you are doing. This will be important for later.

But here is the problem with these gui’s. What if it gets in the way too much?

This is when the settings sliders come in. So everyone knows that the video settings or texture packs have those little sliders like lets say my FOV is 30 but I want to change it to 70. You just slide it, thats what these gui’s are like, you can make them smaller in the settings before the game to make it smaller or larger, there is also an Opacity setting where you use the slider to change it’s opacity just like hotbars. Now since that isn’t a problem to us let’s go back to the first thing.

Competing

Usually the goal for all games is winning, this is one of them. Now earlier we talked about points and time and progress. There will be 3 Podiums with 3 ways to get on it.

• First Place Podium. You had the fastest time and finished first giving you the best podium.

• Most Points Podium. You collected the most points during the race giving you the Most Points Podium.

• Most Stable Podium. You were the most stable one out of all racers being picture perfect giving you the most impressive podium.

Now since we have done that lets talk about advantages and player count.

• The player count - Max is 25, Although it will start when 15 Players join.

• Advantages / Powerups - Now time to be competitive again, there will be 5 Powerups and 3 Sabotages.

• Powerups:

1. Speed - You get speed for 15 seconds, you can use this anytime you want.

2. Time Travel - When getting this powerup you get teleported somewhere further from a 5-20 block radius. The further you get teleported the better luck you got.

3. Totem Of Checkpoints - You can get this early game, how it works is you get the powerup, once you have it you can throw it anywhere and that is where your checkpoint will be. Although sounding rare and cool, its pretty common and also only has a 55% chance of working. The only reason this is cool and worth it is because there will only be 2 checkpoints during games.

4. Wind Guider - When you get this you can use it anytime you want and when you do the wind will guide you to finish pushing your character around to the best routes and keeping you at a stable rate, it uses the wind fans around the map to boost the player. This lasts 15 seconds also.

5. Shortcuts - Once you get this it instantly enables, instead of going around things there are shortcuts covered by glass that you can only go through if this is enabled, this lasts 30 seconds. If you go fast enough, you can finish 30 seconds earlier with the amount of shortcuts there is.

Note: There will be a warning sign in chat when your powerup only has 3 seconds left.

• Sabotages:

1. Unstable - You can throw this sabotage at anyone and their controls will be opposite. This is the most common and probably the rarest also cause it can last for 3-30 seconds.

2. Switch Spots - You can use this anytime, how it works is if your behind someone you can use it and switch spots with them.

3. Smoke Bomb - You can use this anytime, you throw this item at a certain player or area, it has a 20 block radius and can effect 3 players at a time, it gives the victims blindness and slowness for 15-20 seconds.

Maps

Now time for probably my favorite part of this topic, maps! To start I want to make 6 regular maps and 1 map for each seasonal event. I won’t be doing ideas for that though-

1. Colored Venus - Colored Venus will be a map on Venus with fancy Asian themed buildings and cyberpunk themed, some buildings going up to 120 blocks! Venus was terraformed being able to live on with Glide being a preferable Minigame to the people. With fresh food stands and super stores you’ll be flying in for a treat while everyone cheers on for you on balconies and more!

1. Seas - Although you won’t be submerged in water, you’ll still be seeing every lush foliage in the canyon-like ocean. Although I said you wouldn’t be submerged in water, you still go through big waterfalls with all the sea animals swimming by you and your journey.

1. Flower Valley - Flower valley isn’t anything I need to go full detail in, it has all kinds of flowers and villages with animals inside a canyon, it has some ponds but most important big and small oak and birch trees. Native to flower valley.

1. Office - It’s the regular, OG, Murder Mystery, The Office Map! This time bigger and better! And with hoops.

1. Biomes - Biomes is a tiny island with big mountains, waterfalls, and more! You can see all biomes while flying by and you go through mountain holes, etc.

1. Clouds - Clouds, fluffiness, iridescent clouds, long clouds, flat clouds. Everything is clouds?!

• The Spawn map before you play would probably be some sort of station. With a balcony and podiums somewhere.

Levels & Cosmetics

So with levels and & cosmetics I guess its every other game the hive has, you level up, do special things, get cosmetics and locker items. I’ll try and make this really quick. There will also be Elytras and Fireworks in the game that you can earn! Firework trails will only last 3 sec. If there is 2 ___s that means it is a sabotage death. There will also be tier badges on top of a player head, this shows what level and skill you are. I won’t be doing titles also, only at final levels and starting level, just because I want hive to be creative :smiley: I also won’t be doing special locker items and avatars, etc. Also: You get 3 fireworks every 10 seconds, if you still have your 3, the amount of fireworks you get will decrease to 1, if you have 2, you’ll get 2, if you have 1-0, you’ll get 3.

Leveling up - Also, you max out at level 50, I wan’t this Mini Game to be like TW, you get prestige.

• Level 1 - Death: “___ crashed mid air.”, “___ was sabotaged by ___.”

• Level 2 - Title: Time for flight!, Particles: Crit

• Level 5 - Elytra: Navy Blue, Death: “___ didn’t like to fly.”

• Level 9 - Particles: Ambient Effect Colors

• Level 13 - Particle: Composter Effect

• Level 15 - Elytra: Light Blue, Particles: Cloud

• Level 19 - Death: “___ needed a snack break with ___.”

• Level 22 - Particle: Dripping Water

• Level 25 - Elytra: Bee Wings, Firework: Emoji Trail

• Level 28 - Death: “___ broke their keyboard.”, Particle: Dripping Lava

• Level 30 - Death: “___ turned off ___'s router.”, Particle: TNT Explode Effect (Smaller)

• Level 32 - Particle: Enchantment table (Larger), Elytra: Fire

• Level 35 - Firework: :cubee: :mailbot: :robot: Trail

• Level 39 - Particle: Bubble Pop & Bubbles & Enchanted Hit

• Level 42 - Elytra: Totem & Dragon, Death: “___ totem didn’t work.”

• Level 45 - Particle: End Rod Particle & Sweep Attack & Snowflake

• Level 50 - Title: :trophy: Master Of Flight, Elytra: Starry night (Large Elytra), Particle: Swirling Particle Of Your Choice (/glidecp “insert particle name”), Firework: :trophy: :translations: Trail

Of course this probably won’t be how or what you’ll get when leveling up, and also the max level being 50. (It’ll probably be 75 but I’m too lazy to make that much cosmetics) but I did pretty good I’d say and it gives a hint of what types of things I wan’t if hive sees this!

Tier Badges

So, final thing I guess. So how Tier Badges will work is there is different colors of badges, the different color it is, the more skillful you are. But the leveling is different, engraved in that tier badge will be a roman numeral ( I-X ) but since for now I’m exampling this game with a max level of 50 (V) it would go to 75 (VII) or if hive makes the max level 100 (X) than that would be what is engraved in your badge, now how do you get a better color? Well, of course, skill! The way you can get a better color is skill, you can get a better color through being stable, placing good places, getting on podiums, and not dying, the more you do, the more you will be more skillful! There would be a 0-100% meter when waiting in the spawn, lets say I’m on the first badge and I’m on 50%, that means I did some skill which mean I’m more closer to a better badge! And when you get to 100%, it instantly resets you to 0 and put you on a new and better badge! Example of Badges: https://preview.redd.it/6anv0m966um61.gif?format=mp4&s=fe8809ac728179f296a3c13a39046641fc927ef3
Credit from EyEyMoses. (There would also be a bronze and other colors if it was a higher max level.)

Thank you guys so much for watching and seeing this post, this took me pretty long and even though it is kind of confusing I was just trying to get a good head start on the Minigame Idea, again. Thank you for watching and I’ll see you flying in glide!

Goodbye! :cubee::cubee: :beedance: :beedance: :cubee: :cubee:

– Viraire.

3 Likes

This is a detailed post! Could be fun! Voted!

2 Likes

thanks for the opinion! :heart: i appreciate it :DD

just like the glide course by noxcrew on the marketplace, (dunno what it’s called) it would be completely unplayable on switch or lower end mobiles unless hive wanted to cut some huge corners, ruining the experience for everyone else.

1 Like

why though?

loading in the map takes too long when flying with an elytra.

I would like to see something like this added

The paragraph was a bit too long tho lol
Nothing wrong with very explicit detail

2 Likes

than add a delay when loading it in, maybe add a timer or something when you start.

I really like this idea but I think this would be great in a party game type mode :cubee:

1 Like

no it would probably be a whole game itself, its meant to be a whole game (probably a game in arcade) and if it was it probably wouldn’t be like this. although great idea!

edit: srry if i didnt understand you idk what you meant :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The max render distance on console is 16 chunks, and since you probably want your map to be bigger that 16 chunks rendering in blocks is inevitable

1 Like

Minecraft just doesn’t do that.
It will only load the chunks in the render distance, even if there is nothing else for it to do.

This is a dupe, but I think the idea is interesting

This idea is way more detailed, I think it will be kept up

1 Like

Isn’t my fault. I’ve tried searching before to see if there was a post about it anyways and it didn’t show up. Also, I don’t think anyone would try to take down this post cause it took me days to think about (Very Detailed). And also gives my opinion on what and what not to should be added to my version. But thank you for telling me!

Well if 1 chuck is filled with 16 blocks and 16 chunks would be 256 by 256, it could actually work, we could add laps to the maps or just have some rapid maps which require speed. Also, if the map was 256 by 256 then that means it has 65536 blocks which is already overkill and would work out for console players perfect to add laps for the map and if so just leave it without any laps. Also remember, not sure cause I’m just guessing but the maps would have to be only 16 chunks back on Legacy Console Edition and the maps are pretty curvy and challenging making the 16 chunk limit feel bigger. So we still got a lot to work with.

I feel like it wouldn’t be fun with such a small map.
Go play noxcrews map which is free on the mearketplace, and you will see peak elytra courses.

Your basing this off of a render distance of 16 chunks, that’s the MAX render distance on console, and many people turn it down to avoid stuttering. On mobile you have to turn it down even lower.

1 Like

I agree. The amount of effort out into this… crazy. Voted :kissing_heart:

1 Like