New loginstreak feature

Idea:
Add a ‘logged in today? boolean when you type /loginstreak

More information:
This would be useful for all kinds of people that have wacky timezones.
This would not be needed if it just logged you in when the day resets, but this would do.

5 Likes

omg please, I’ve had so many anxious days hoping that the game hadn’t bugged out on me bc I wasnt sure if I’d ever recieved the login message

2 Likes

yes

this would be so much easier tell if you have logged on that day, due to the hive deciding the time of day on some time zone so anyone else not in that zone might get confused abt this

As a person who lives in the timezone where it resets at exactly 00:00, this feature would be completely useless to me lol

I’ll vote for it, but I don’t see them adding it as opposed to fixing the bug

Because a good way to check if you logged in that day, is the fact … you’re on the server

1 Like

Thank you for voting.
I actually think that they’d rather do this then ‘fix the bug’.

1 Like

Well, I assumed by anabsurdnames comment, that there was a bug (similar to the quest bug) that meant sometimes your login streak wouldn’t count.

And I feel like the hive prefers to fix bugs rather than adding a new feature to remedy a bug so they look more polished or smth.

If there isn’t a bug tho (which I was mostly assuming, based on the factI haven’t encountered it once in my ~150 day ls) then Ig I won’t vote, because then you would just be able to tell that you have logged in that day because here me out here… You’re on the server

1 Like

Not sure if I misunderstand the sense of a “logged in today?” line, because you literally have to join the server to type the command, making it always answer with “yes” to the question of “did I login today?”… A third line that says “Reset in: x hours, x minutes” would make much more sense. :sweat_smile:

There is no bug affecting login streaks, they were talking about Minecraft itself bugging out.

5 Likes

As someone with a 595 day loginstreak
I don’t understand the point of this, if your on the hive when typing the message OF COURSE YOU LOGGED ON. How could it even say you didn’t when your on the server, instead there should be a way to let players know when the day ends such as a message saying “time on hive is in utc and not your time zone” or a countdown that appears when you do /loginstreak so players are aware when day ends in their time zone

1 Like

Replying to @masonmasterbot and @Rechenheft

In my time zone, the login resets at around 10:00 am.
Say you were online at 9:59 am (which would count as the previous days loginstreak, and kept playing until 10:00 am.
Your login streak will not update to the next day, meaning that you can definitely be online and not have your loginstreak updated and
some players (like me) do not have consistent log in times.

This command would help me remember if i logged in when the new day ticked over, or if I accidentally logged in a couple minutes late.

Replying to @AculAce

I’m pretty sure that AnAbsurdName was not talking about a bug (though some bug like that may exist) and was talking about remembering if you got that log in message.

Also I said thank you for voting because I thought you felt bad for the people with different timezones dealing with this and voted because why not.

2 Likes

Here is another idea: if a new day starts while your online you will get the message “[!] relog to continue your loginstreak”

1 Like

That’s a fine idea but could easily get lost in the sea of game messages and this suggestion would still be nice.

1 Like

idc what anyone says, i want this feature so bump

Bump. If you disagree, read my message 4 messages up.

also, is there a reason why we can’t set a time zone to collect our login rewards and streak updates

Iirc they said it’s too late to change now

Again, before disregarding this hear me out, this feature would be totally pointless because:

In order for it to know if you logged in that day, there is probably a Boolean (true or false variable) that decides if you’ve logged in that day

My best guess as to how it works is that at 00:00 UTC that Boolean (let’s just call it claimedLS) is set to be false for all players. If a player logs in within 24 hours of that time, claimedLS is set true again. But if a player doesn’t log on in that time, the login streak is set back to 0 at the next lsReset time.

So, we’ve established that at the lsReset point, it has to run a check to see if the player logged on in the last 24 hours, which means that in theory, all that would be required is another check to see if the player is online - which we obviously have a boolean for i.e. the friends list.

This means that all they would need to do is add a line of code in the lsReset function saying something like:
if(playerOnline==true){
claimedLS=true;
ls++;
}
basically meaning that if the player is online when the login streak resets it will claim the login streak (in the sense that it will be unable to be claimed again for the rest of the day) and add 1 to the login streak total
(again it might be more complex than this but I don’t think it should be very complex)

Basically it will take them very little effort to add a much more polished fix to this ‘bug’ (idrk what else to call it) and if I haven’t made my point clear enough

If it is checking that your login streak was claimed it could just check that it has saved
or when you log of the server it can see if the last online time was after the lsReset time
or - you get the idea - this is kind of pointless and unpolished compared to the hives standards

I’m pretty sure that making people log out and log back in to claim a login streak is meant to stop people from being able to afk in the hub for weeks at a time to claim login streaks while they dont play. ur logic does make sense tho, it seems like it would be an easy change to implement.

4 Likes

screw replies they never work (like it never notifies so I’m tagging)

@Aculace
If my 3head is reading correctly you’re saying they should make it so if the day ticks over, it should count but iirc someone suggested this and they denied likely for the reason absurd said, so I suggested this for convenience

I would rather they did what you said but yeah, absurd is right players could afk in the hub and get a high lis (it seems kinda impractical but still)

idek anymore I lost my 91 (not a big deal to most but my high score) so I don’t really care about ‘protecting’ it