New idea for arcade minigame

Idea:
My idea is that you put 20 players in a lobby, and they compete in a running game where there is something like a smoke/mist following them. The players would run down a corridor but as they are running the path periodically splits into two (early in), three (after a couple splits), then four as the game lasts a while. On all of the splits, there is only one good path, the others can be run through but they have obstacles to slow the players down. In order to keep players from looking ahead through the paths there would be an object similar to a curtain to obstruct the view, and it would be a one way thing so that they couldn’t just turn around and look for the clear path.

Unlocks:

Hub Titles:
“Follow me!” (level 4)
“This way!” (level 11)
“Map magician” (level 16)

Holdables (something players would hold in their hand as a cosmetic. They would start with holding nothing):

Map (cosmetic, not a real map) (level 3)
Flashlight (level 8)
Pickax (small) (level 13)
Foam finger (level 18)

Death messages:

(name) fell too far behind (default)
(name) was consumed by the fog (level 5)
(name) stubbed their toe and fell (level 9)
(name) forgot to tie their shoe laces (level 17)

Fog colors:

Gray (default)
Red (level 6)
Blue (level 10)
Yellow (level 14)
Pink (level 19)

Dust cloud (level 2)
Happy map (level 7)
Eddie the explorer (level 12)
Sarah the spelunker (level 15)

Skin: (level 20)

A figure that has a spelunking hat on, adventurer clothes (light brown), and their face is covered by fogged up goggles and a red scarf, with their identity to remain a secret.

More information:

The only extra info I would like to put is that it would be computer generated so that paths can’t be memorized (in any fashion, such as the correct path or how to get through obstacles the quickest). Any and all feedback is appreciated!

1 Like

Most of Hive’s gamemodes are “skill” based and not really luck based. This idea mostly is a game of luck to find the correct path. I don’t know, could be a possibility… but then again I actually really like this idea.

Eh sky wars is skill and luck based becuase of “lucky” ores, and even sg has randomized chests which is part luck

I think this idea is cool and would like to see more information on it such as Xp, unlocks, and other game features and also a name for it maybe “Corridor”

2 Likes

I feel like a better approach would just be some more akin to dragon run on mineplex Java but thats probably to similar to deathrun.

So like that sonic event game where u run randomly to get to the end but theres something deadly chasing u?

I’m sorry, but I feel as if this is to much like death run, maybe this could be a different form of death run though.

This could be quite hard for the mobile players of the community as the hive also already has death run witch to me reading this seems to be quite familiar…

I have updated it with unlocks, but i’m not too great with xp so i don’t know what the best method would be for that end

Those unlocks look cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes