New Golden Powerup

I present: (I haven’t made a name yet lol)

What it does: As soon as every round ends after the powerup is activated, the team who activated gains lines equal to the number you would get for a single kill. This helps the team over the long term which isn’t given with any powerups that I’ve seen

Got any ideas? Reply.

I like the idea of new golden powerups, though I’m not quite sure what this one is supposed to do. Does it just give you a kill’s worth of territory? that seems a tad underwhelming.
Some other ideas for golden powerups I had

• egg removal: Reduces the amount of eggs the opponents have by 3/4 (16 goes to 4, 8 goes to 2, etc)
  • anti-powerup: removes all active powerups from the opposing team and stops them from picking up more for 15 seconds (could be a different amount of time, idk)
  • invincible blocks: gives ur team’s blocks the ability to withstand any eggs for a duration of time, or until the end of the phase.
  • invincibility: gives ur team invincibility for a duration of time, or until the end of the phase. (could also just give ur whole team each an armor powerup, idk)
  • more eggs: Whenever anyone on your team throws/shoots/launches an egg, a second one trailing right behind it is created (basically gives doubleshot) for a duration of time or until the end of the phase.
3 Likes

I like all of Absurd’s idea and from what I understand of this topic the suggested idea is a bit underpowered. What if the powerup increases the amount of territory each kill is worth, rather than just giving you one extra kill.

2 Likes

The reason I had that idea is bc there should be a powerup that does a bit of bonus every round instead of a good powerup in one go. The powerups aren’t supposed to be game changing, just a nice little something to help a little bit

1 Like

None of the powerups I listed are too far past rain of pain. They all (with the possible exception of the invulnerability) feel like they’d fit right in with the current “array” of golden powerups.

2 Likes