NEW GAME - Tag

This will be a tag game, as the name implies.

How it works: A 4 player game where 2 players start out as “it”, and when they tag a “not it” player that player becomes “it” and the tagger is then “not it”.

Specifics:

• When tagged, the tagged player is frozen for 2 seconds (or a different amount of time) to prevent easy tag-backs
  • The maps would be around the size of 16x16x9 rectangles with obstacles and parkour similar to parkour tag from mcc (an example, not an inspiration) (obviously not all the maps need to go up to the top of the boundary, its just a limit)
  • All players would have glowing effects (color variations depending on whether they’re “it” or not) to prevent hiding
  • games are anywhere from 1 minutes to 3 minutes long (idc which, it’d be whatever hive feels appropriate)

Variations:

• A seasonal or ltm version called “laser tag” where instead of a 16x16x9 box its a 20x20x12 boundary and everyone tags with either mm zappers or the ghost invasion things idk which
  • A winter themed ltm version with winter maps called “Snowballs” or smth that would be the laser tag but with snowballs instead of lasers and winter-themed maps, could possibly have more players
  • an overpowered mode (ltm?) with items u find around the map like speed, jump boost (there’s parkour, making jump boost an actually useful item as opposed to every other game with it), armor, pearls, etc

Maps:

• Bones: a map themed around a graveyard with cobwebs and soul sand to make chases interesting. Ghosts in the form of custom blocks allow access to treetops and the tops of gravestones, launchpads to the top in open graves, etc
  • Arctic: a map themed around the inside of an iceberg, complete with a shipwreck and a frozen monster. Ice and water would provide hazards to avoid or use to ones advantage.

etc etc, yall get the idea, but heres a possible list of other themes/names: Nether, eruption (parkouring from debris to debris thats being shot out of an active volcano or smth), tower (inside a tower, im sure u can make it work), mansion (this ones obvious), foliage, underground, cupboard (inside a cupboard with tilted pots and pans and plates and stuff), anthill, backyard, bank, sandbox, hardwired (inside a pc similar to the gravity map circuit board but with more wires to jump around on), throne room, bookstore (with cobwebs and spooky ghosts or smth), and moonbase (everyone has jump boost 2 in op mode)

More specifics:

• Obviously this game would have ibmm, as it wouldn’t be fair to iphone players to have to chase pc players or run from them without 3rd person.
  • the queueing system for this game would attempt to prioritize not matching the same people together multiple games in a row
  • tracked stats would be games played, games won (you win by not being “it” when the game ends OR by having the most amount of time “not it”, idk which yet), tags, points (you earn one every so often when not-it, they’re what give xp)
  • Obviously people are going to try to afk this game so if someone’s in the same spot for 15 seconds they get kicked, warning at 5 seconds and then a countdown in chat till 15)

XP gain:

• xp would be gained through “points” (survival points?) where players earn points every 5-15 seconds of being “not it” (depending on how hive devs want it to be), and these points would give xp for levels as well as being tracked as a stat.
  • another way to gain xp could be using debuffs on urself, which would be a menu like what hide and seek has with differing debuff options (slowness, blindness, etc) for differing amount of seconds that would give points. Debuffs would have a cooldown like hide and seek taunts and when used everyone would see a message in chat pop up saying one was used (you could toggle these off if u want to)
  • wins would also give xp, idk how much

anyways, thats my game idea. Thoughts?

Why it’s like TNT Tag in Hypixel…
Uh well I want to suggest a tag game before but I’ve found a lot of suggestions about tag game.
(But actually I like the tag game in Mineplex…)

2 Likes

Mineplex isn’t a thing anymore

1 Like

I know but I’ve played its Death Tag before and I really love it.
Unfortunately it is gone on Bedrock for a long time(since 2020 I think?)

So MinePlex is gone? Goodbye house that I never cared about! And there goes master builders!

Like they said above, this is tnt tag not tag, but I do think a larger scale tnt tag game could be good, if it had more mechanics, but idk what could be added to tnt tag

edit: how has this not been suggested before
and how has this got so many votes already
and forget about the tnt tag, i think i just need to go touch some grass, this is just tag(i think i dont actually know (isnt there different types of tag irl too (because like zombies isnt the main version or it wouldnt be called zombies (and i dont even think there is a version that makes you swap teams irl (and that leaves elimination and tnt tag to go(but i really dont know))))))

3 Likes

@Zpc03 there are different variations of tag, like zombie tag and freeze tag, but zombie tag is just hide and seek without hiding and freeze tag is mad boring so :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Tnt tag is essentially this but could instead be a mode

1 Like