New game: Lava Flood

Lava Flood is a game where you need to escape a lava flood that comes your way while doing parkour, and rushing! To make it even more interesting, maybe add some power-ups such as a speed booster, jump booster, or even a slow falling power-up! Each player has 3 lives, you lose a live if you find yourself inside the lava! When you die, your spawn will be set 10 blocks away from the lava! Also, there will be 3 checkpoints! The first person to finish will be the winner! Every player has a chance to finish as well! They just have to finish before the lava floods the entire area! When the flood reaches a checkpoint, you will get a message saying that the first, second, or third level was flooded with lava! Also, since I don’t want this to simply be another Death Run, there will be no leap feathers! You will need to get effects via power-ups! Also, there’s more power-up effects rather than just speed, jump boost, and slow falling! There’s also negative effects such as slowness, blindness, and nausea! That will not only make the game more challenging, but also more interesting! So, consider adding this to the minigame selection!

1 Like

I like this, but maybe make it seasonal or something since this probably won’t survive. Good suggestion though!

2 Likes

Fixing things up: There are somethings I forgot to mention! The effects are also randomized! You either get 3 positive effects, or 3 negative effects! The power-ups will be in the shape of lightning bolts using custom models like the server usually does with their games! Also, if you made it past a checkpoint, you will get speed for 3 seconds! Not only that, but the parkour won’t just be straight forward! You will also have to make turns, and go up parkour staircases in maps! That will make it 10 times more interesting! Now, going back to the power-ups, how can you tell if a power-up is positive or negative? Its simple! Just look at the particles! If the particles are green, the effect is positive! If red, its negative! That’s all I have for now!

I just need to ask, this is a block game. Don’t think Hive Team knows how to code a way for lava to rise up especially when us Windows 10 users can’t use mods much.

Might ask a staff about this on discord, and I think I know the answer.

1 Like

No, the fact that it’s a block game makes it easier, some of these maps are made with command blocks only, you can try them out here, to so I don’t get your point. Also, windows 10 players and only them can use scripts, which are infinitely better than behavior packs… Please check your facts before saying some nonsense, I bet lava flood would be easier to code than treasure wars.

4 Likes

Since The Hive is working on a Mixed Arcade, I think this I a good game to add to it. So, I’ll give it a bump.

2 Likes

Some thoughts:

There could be three types of map.
Following Lava, (Get to the end asap)
Rising/Falling Lava (Get to the top/bottom of the map)
Gap in the Lava (Stay inside the gap in the lava, go to fast and you die, go to slow and you die.)

1 Like

the concept here is quite similar to flood escape tbh, no offense but that could be a good idea for a new minigames

1 Like

I like this but I think it would work better as a varient of deathrun