New Game: Bridge Duels

Adding a new 1v1 (possibly 2v2 if Microsoft tos is weird about having a 1v1 scenario) game mode similar to Hypixel’s bridge wars. It’s a very popular mode and as far as I know, there are no servers on bedrock that are offering it.

The game starts with two islands attached by a single line of blocks. Each player has some blocks, a sword, a bow, and a few golden apples. The objective is to get into the other persons island before they get into yours.

Could bring a lot of new players who are searching for that competitive edge!

1 Like

Hey, there! Welcome to the forums :wave:
I like the game suggestion! I’ve seen a few videos from Java YouTubers playing this mode, and it seems like it’d be really fun to play. Maybe some of the unlockables could be different particles and point scoring messages, too!

8 Likes

Hello! :slightly_smiling_face:
Wow, what a great idea! In addition to those two, I was also thinking that they could add arrow trails that are already in ground wars since bows are a key factor in this game. Also, I thought of a concept that I haven’t seen anywhere else. You spawn in with like 2 stacks of wool right, and I was thinking that as you level up, you unlock different colors to assign to your wool. Maybe like black being the highest.

3 Likes

Yes, definitely. Bridges is even better on bedrock than on Java(I made a version of it in a realm) because you can actually bridge in bedrock XD

4 Likes

Sounds like a good idea but I feel like Windows 10 Users would have a huge advantage.

4 Likes

Hey there! This has already been suggested Add The Bridge Mini Game on Hive
Before creating a topic, please use the search tool (magnifying glass) at the top to look for your topic.
psst have this cookie :cookie:

3 Likes

I mean to be fair, just about any game mode that involves pvp leaves windows 10 players to have an advantage. Just the nature of cross-platform play. Whether it’s bedwars (which is the most popular game mode rn), ground wars, survival games, or even murder mystery.

2 Likes

That’s true but those games are still playable and PvP on PE is still possible if you’re used to it. Bridge Duels is a lot more competitive, quick and strategic which isn’t possible on PE imo. I just can’t imagine it.

1 Like

I don’t know, I’m just not sure if I agree with you on this one. What aspects of bridge wars aren’t in tw? You have to do parkour in both, you have to know how to fight and combo, and you can play to your strengths in both. Even if a pe player is trash at comboing, they can still use bows and such to try and advance. Something that is more strategic has nothing to do with what platform you’re on, all about that iq lmao.

Strategy for how to get and use resources, deciding who’s most important to kill, being aware of what every team is doing are all aspects of twars not in bridges

1 Like

Exactly my point, so if anything bridge wars is simpler and easier than tw, which is already the most popular game on the server.

1 Like

Actually all 3 of those aspects are in Hypixel’s 4 team Bridge modes. You have to use your blocks wisely to help get the advantage on your opponents. How 4 teams bridge works, is each team starts with 2 lives. You lose a life if someone jumps in your goal, and gain a life by jumping in someone else’s goal, so in that mode you have to concentrate on which team you should go for (likely one with the most lives), and you need to concentrate on what the enemy teams are doing to prevent them from getting to your goal.

1 Like

It’s more so to do with the paste of it. Everything would happen quickly. Reflexes on PE are terrible.

2 Likes

Like pe isn’t bad for initiating comboes, but if somebody hits you before you hit them you are kinda screwed.

4 Likes

This would be a fun game mode 100% should be added

2 Likes

I understand, however it wouldn’t happen as quickly as you think. You only have one target to put all your concentration towards and you two are constantly running back and forth on the bridge, giving you time to think your plan through. Obviously windows 10 has a huge advantage. All I’m saying is that I think pc players would still have a fun time playing the game and could be successful if they practice enough.

I agree :slight_smile:

This seems like the perfect game mode then, since you are always facing your opponent head on in this mode. You never really get hit from behind. It’s also easy to keep track of your opponent since its a 1v1.

2 Likes

I mean your reaction times would be crap but this would be a decent pvp mode for pe, I like the bridge and would want it, but don’t know if it would be able to succeed on the server,

3 Likes

Cube craft his bridges, but I hate cubecraft so this will be good for hive, maybe in the arcade? Love your vids mj tell me if u ever play on bedrock.