My ideas for a potential hide and seek content update

Here are some thoughts for an update

New Levels:
20-30 new levels, to bring the total up to 40-50. would bring new unlocks, as well as hubtitles, avatars and potentially a costume(!)

New unlocks:
more of what we had previously (block customisation)
taunt effects: particles that come out of taunts when launched
Stuff for the seekers: customisable armour and swords

New modes:
Duos: everyone has a random teammate (unless you’re in a party of course). a duo starts off as seekers. If you get caught, your teammate also gets caught (this could be very interesting). your team could be indicated by a coloured bobble on top of your block hat.
Mega/Chaos: 24 players; 4 seekers, 20 hiders. Larger maps.

New maps: (these are just suggestions)
beach
hotel
cave

reply any extra ideas you have and i might edit this post to include your suggestion

and at lvl 50 you should get one of those RGB helmets (leather helmets + chroma)

Also, I vouch for duos, that will be VERYYY interesting ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But for maps, I’d say they do whatever, no pressure.

2 Likes

Duos is kinda unnecessary since there are technically already teams (Hiders and Seekers) so that would be kinda pointless. Mega mode does seem interesting though. I also agree on the fact that there should be a new level cap.

2 Likes

I mean, duos could being a very interesting new mechanics to the game tho

3 Likes

Ehh, I don’t find that to be a very interesting mechanic. If anything it would be annoying, especially if your teammate dies. I wouldn’t find myself playing that at all.

1 Like

yh the maps were just suggestions, team nectar always does an amazing job anyway, so I’m not too fussed

2 Likes

I think they can do a beta run and let ppl decide. Honestly, as much as I root for this, I’d really wanna see it in action before I can decide.

2 Likes

Yeah, but what would be the point of adding it? I don’t think anyone would like to die just because their teammate messed up.

5 Likes

well, some people would like it, other people wouldn’t, so the people who want to play it can play it, but others don’t have to

1 Like

yeah, a beta would be cool, like the current treasure wars update preview

2 Likes

Tbh I’d like to die and help my teammie lol.
but yuh I see what you saying.

1 Like

I just don’t see anyone playing this. Most people would like to die on their own terms. I just don’t see anyone wanting to die just because their teammate messed up. Hide and Seek already has teams. Adding Duos is pretty pointless considering that Hide and Seek is already a team-based game on its own.

2 Likes

perhaps your team could be indicated by a coloured bobble on top of your block hat.

1 Like

Okay now this sounds better, and a bit more plausible.
Its a big fat yes from me! :+1:

1 Like

But how would Hive implement the bubble? I can see this sort of thing causing lag and framerate problems.

bobble, not bubble (20 characters)

People would purposely queue duos just to run to the seeker and troll their team mate.

1 Like

Why can’t they just play the game like intended?

I edited this and got rid of the first part because it sounded mean.

Fair question, but doesn’t solve anything sadly

I agree with @LightKnight2311, duos seems unnecessary and annoying in my opinion.
Especially if they added quests to duos, it would take forever if you were playing with randoms.
This would also make games end incredibly fast.

2 Likes