A shop system to be implemented into some (or all) Murder Mystery maps.
The coin system in Murder Mystery is relatively pointless other than the few bonuses in effects on some maps and the one-shot bow for innocents. I have a few suggestions on a good use for coins so that it will encourage more players to collect coins, rather than mindlessly run around the map.
A shop board can be placed in the map to allow players to purchase useful items in exchange for coins they have collected throughout the game, varying in prices and usefulness. A list of items I will suggest will include:
- Ender Pearls or Teleporter Arrow (teleports you quickly to another part of the map)
- ‘Glow Shoes’ (allows the player to see the outline of all players for a limited time, even behind walls, like spectral arrows)
- ‘Revival Herb’ (An item that when held upon death will automatically teleport you to a random location within the map, however the death will be accounted for in player statistics)
- Arrow shot (player will receive a bow and one arrow to have the opportunity to shoot a suspect. This feature would rid the one-shot bow already in use when a player collects 10 coins)
A few items that only the murderer may have access to could be:
- ‘Myopia Blast’ (An explosive powder sprinkled onto the murderer’s sword that erupts when a player is killed, giving blindness to any nearby innocents or sheriffs)
- ‘Switcheroo’ (An item that temporarily gives a random player a fake sword that they cannot hide for a limited time)
- ‘Death Nest’ (A trap that can be placed that will kill any player who runs over it, including the murderer.
I hope you all like these ideas. Let me know what you think. I will also be putting towards several other ideas to help improve the Murder Mystery game mode. Thank you very much!