Minigame: Build It

Inspiration:
Draw It on the hive’s java server is a lot of fun, but it probably can’t be added to bedrock since mobile players have very limited controls. However, it did remind me of a similar minigame InPvP used to have where instead of drawing, players would build.

How it works:
Players are taken to a Just Build style arena with a building platform in the center. Each round, a new player is be selected as the builder, and will need to choose one of three themes to build. The other players will have to guess what the theme is by typing their guesses in the chat. Players will earn points by guessing the theme correctly, with faster guesses being rewarded with more points

Ex:

• First person to correctly guess: 8 points
  • Second person: 6 points
  • Third person: 4 points
  • Everyone else: 2 points

Once each person has been given a chance to be the builder, the game will end and the person with the most points will win.

Depending on how popular the game is, the hive can either add this game as it’s own separate gamemode (with it’s own statue in the hub etc.) or it could be added as an addition gametype as part of Just Build.

Originality:
The game is not original in any way, but neither are many other games ont he hive. Maybe they can add their own little twist like they have with the other games to make it stand out. I mentioned that InPvP used to have this on their server but it’s been removed.

I didn’t find anything when I tried searching, so I hope this isn’t a duplicate suggestion.

Good idea! I think this would be really fun.

4 Likes

It’s a good idea, I like it. I wouldn’t really want another building game tho. This might fit in mixed arcade but idk

4 Likes

I mentioned that it could be another gametype part of Just Build, do you think that would be better

4 Likes

I do indeed

2 Likes

This is an awesome suggestion! :))

2 Likes

Sounds similar to Galaxite’s Fill the Gaps

No, this is where you have to guess what the build theme is instead of filling in the missing blocks of a build.

1 Like

I do love Guess The Build on Hypixel so this would be a cool addition.

1 Like

Gamemode of Just Build?

i would honestly like it as it’s own gametype for jblobby

1 Like

Great idea! But it’s hard for xbox players to type in chat without those keyboard thingies :confused:

When I used to play on Xbox I got pretty fast at it, you would still be at a disadvantage, but not my much. A good tip, is to remember that you always start on either Y or G (I think it’s Y) and that (I believe) you can loop over the sides, just try and move your cursor as little as possible, and use, I think it’s the Y button to add spaces and use the X button as backspace. @CommanderCweamy correct me if I am wrong about anything.

1 Like

Platform Matchmaking?

I don’t think this is needed, like most things in games, typing is a skill, Xbox players can type faster than some PC players. Sure, it might be easier for a PC player to type fast than an Xbox player, but both take effort and practice. Plus, it would be mobile and console in one queue and PC in another, making PC queues take forever.

1 Like

Its Much Essayer for PC and On Switch and Mobile (Kida PS4) they have slimier typing Xbox Has Very Different type and so does PC

If Xbox players have a Keyboard they can Fight PC Well

You see, it’s still up to skill, I can type much faster on Xbox then I can on mobile, Switch can type the same way as Xbox, and according to @CommanderCweamy most switch players type like Xbox players. And mobile, just like the other methods takes practice. Without practice PC is much slower than all of the other ones. Mobile and Console, is very easy to learn, PC takes years to learn how to do properly. Keep in mind you are only typing like 3-10 letters, the time it takes PC to click on the text box balances it all out. And the amount of PC players in a game like this is so small that the queue would take a long time with PBMM.

Just use Xbox Kinect to type for you :wink:

Not really, I practiced for a couple weeks and was able to improve from typing around 30wpm to 70 wpm.

I agree that PBMM wouldn’t work though. As much as I want this game to be popular I don’t think it can always get over the 400 players required for the new matchmaking to activate.

3 Likes

I was referring to people starting with no knowledge about how to type on PC. Even with online tutorials, it could take people years to even hit 40 WPM, and of course, there would also be people that could go from not knowing where to start to 40 WPM in a few weeks. Let’s try and get this back on topic.