Manhunts aka speedruner vs 1,2,3, and 4 hunters

How I would do this. Players are placed in a curated map with a 30 minute timer. A ruined portal (yes this means lag) would be at spawn and the runner would have an iron chest plate and sword, the runners would have leather chest plates and stone swords. A village with lava in the black smith and a lake nearby would be within 4 chunks of spawn, players would have to finish the portal and on the other side would be a nether fortress in a crimson forest. The stronghold would also be at spawn and already have 6 eyes.
I know this makes the game much easier but I think it’s the best way to fit it into the hive.

1 Like

Ok now first of all more than half of the hive community probably can’t even finish minecraft in less than a few hours. Second of all like said above, this is basically copying dreams idea. Third of all this would barely get any players even if it was added because most layers like fun pvp games and such, but this is just pure survival while being hunted down. Most people would just die in the first few minutes. And well yes while no other servers have this, there would really be no point in having this kind of game anyway.

2 Likes

as i said there is bad players and good players the bad ones will just die the good ones will have fun and atleast make it to the nether :slight_smile:

no if we put kits then no. but is copying and people will see what its like to be in a manhunt and it will make them happy

yes i said to add kits thats exactly plan but you told the kits thanks

we could have set seed mode and random seed mode there its set.

no not iron sword or chestplate then the runner would kill the hunters.

No this will only increase the amount of cringe dream stans

5 Likes

beating minecraft takes hours for most people, and hive is a minigame server so it wouldn’t really fit. I could also see many people leaving straight away because they dont want to be hunter. Maybe some variation of this could work, like a 1 v 4 type game, but rn this game just wouldn’t fit in the hive imo.

Sadly, I do not think this would be a good idea. Players wouldn’t try to win, and would rq if they weren’t the runner. This would take too long, even if there were kits.

2 Likes

Keep it civil and constructive, please :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

This has been suggested many times before and the same answer is: No, this would be copying Dream.

i give up even trying to deal with suggestions that i hope someone locks this from newer members and giving to people with trust level 2.

ok so the thing is more than 80% of the players here cant beat minecraft in less than 6 hours and like you said if the bad ones just die then the game would be “get to the nether and die” not manhunt becaus eit will be too unfair for the runner

and even if the runner is good at evading others then it would take like 7 hours to complete because of how many resources you need and unlike java theres no easy wat to kill an enderdragon without needed resoucesand that will make the game longer

so the conclusion is that this shouldnt be added as it is too long, resource intensive and unfair

tl:dr- i dont think this should be added

3 Likes

It’s good that there’s a lengthy discussion on the suggestion, but let’s try to keep it civil and instead of bashing each other’s comments, let’s try to add up to the original suggestion - such as how would we be able to make it unique? How would we make it match Hive’s general visuals? How would the game start, how would it end? Any visual inspirations we can look into? And so on.

Lots of room to discuss how would the idea be improved instead of going in circles chasing each other’s comments on how it would copy someone else’s existing idea. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Hmmm… ok

What about this. Why don’t instead of making an entirely new game. There can be a manhunt mode for existing gamemodes. uNiQuE (I’d suggest SG as it seems perfect for this kinda thing. Not only does it act the closest to a normal minecraft world but it has big maps, Random loot etc. as well as SG getting an update out of it. Really any PvP game can work. check this out.) It would be fun if there was a reduced amount of time than the normal game would allow (perhaps like 5 minutes) the runner could get a headstart and the hunters (2 or 3) start with a stone sword and leather gear. The goal would be to either
(unlimited respawns, keep inventory)Hunter(s): KIll runner
runner: survive
This would mean that you don’t need to know speedrunning strats and stuff.
As the game progresses the map can shrink

I know it’s different from what the original suggestion was but this just works best in my head

apologies if I sounded mean in the previous post, I should’ve given constructive criticism instead o-o

4 Likes

Hi welcome to the community.

The idea of manhunt is great but wouldn’t fit in with The hive (or any other server) due to the fact that its too close to the base game and can be achieved with command blocks.

Secondly the hive is currently on older versions due to the games limits . Making manhunt impossible in newer versions.

Sorry

The hive is on 1.16.200, what are you talking about?

2 Likes

@BlazeDrake100 In MC there is a line of code that caps the number of players on a single server/world in newer versions due to the fact that 1.13+gets way to laggy and unplayable. Other servers like 2b2t and Hypixel is on 1.12.2

The important thing to note is that those are on the java edition. We probably wouldn’t be able to find out if they work the same (which they probably won’t) and as for server version, the staff will know.

let’s get back on topic :smile:

2 Likes