Make YT not a requirement

Hive, if you see this, please add this before the contest ends :slight_smile:

So, as you may know, the bedwars bonanza video contest is happening right now. I was going to enter, I have a good idea and a decent script. I was about to start making it when I realized that you have to post it on YouTube to enter. I, like some other people, cannot post on YouTube publicly. So, here are my suggestions to make it more open to everyone.
(Sorry, this is a long post)

Suggestion 1:
Make it so that unlisted videos are allowed

It would be very nice if you could enter with an unlisted video. You could even make it so that by having an unlisted video you cannot be featured on the blog, but can still win prizes.

Suggestion 2:
Add a contests section on the forums

This could work very nicely with the unlisted video idea, it would be cool for people to submit their entries on the forums as well. This might even increase the amount of traffic on the forums, and it’s possible you could have a forums video contest in the future.

Suggestion 3:
Support other video hosting sites

There are several sites that you could allow links to, such as screencastify. It would just be nice to not have to upload it to yt, and I’m sure if you use a safe video hosting site that you could still block bad videos or malware.

Suggestion 4:
Submit videos directly to the submission form

If there is a way to just submit a downloaded video file to a website, this might be the most simple way of submitting videos. I mean if you have a submission form, if would be nice to just submit it directly to it.

Suggestion 5:
Email videos to a contest email

This one is an interesting one, why not have it so you can just email a hive team moderated e-mail and have it so you can submit it through there?

Suggestion 6:
Submit videos on discord

This one might be one of the best suggestions, just have a contest channel that opens up during contests. That way any inappropriate users can be banned, and you can have another way to submit videos.

Even if you do not like any of these suggestions, please make some way of not having to use YouTube.

Anyway, I hope you like this idea, thanks for reading, and please leave feedback!

Yes please. My YouTube is not working and won’t let me make a channel, so I cannot participate. I need this!

4 Likes

Unfortunately, part of these challenges is to bring attention to the hive. (I’m assuming) If the videos aren’t public, no one will be able to see them. If you submit it directly, or on another site, it just won’t gather nearly as much traction as it will on YouTube.

4 Likes

I agree with Jude. Hive won’t get much attention if you put the video on a different website, which is why you have to publish it on YouTube.

3 Likes

But, you could get at least a bit of attention on things like discord or forums

2 Likes

Dont do lots of posts together

1 Like

So this would be bringing attention to the Hive by sending a video to the Hive players…

the Forums are for suggestions, and nothing else.

2 Likes

What if they are published to the Hive Channelrom these different ideas!!!?!!

3 Likes

Not really.
For our country players, we have the platform called Bilibili and due to some reasons we aren’t allowed to use YouTube. I know a lot of uploaders making videos about Hive and they do attract new players from our country.
I know one, he reached every requirements to apply for yt rank but just because he upload on Bilibili he can’t get it (he had yt account but videos there not popular as on this platform)

3 Likes

This should definitely be a thing. Not everyone has access to YouTube.

Many people have been saying that “it wont give Hive an attraction to the server” however, one video is not going to be world changing to Hive’s playercount. As well of this, Hive promotes the winners themselves so it doesnt matter if you can upload it to YouTube as Hive already publicises it

3 Likes

Here are some points though:

First of all, adding another option might increase popularity, due to the fact anyone can join, not just people with a YT account.

Second of all, people are still going to make YT videos for it, because that is what they do. There will be videos even if there is no contest.

And finally, more entries equals more content.

Also @Blockbyblock98 it was an hour apart

2 Likes

and a harder time for the hive staffs to pick 5 winners out of like hundreds

4 Likes

True, but I mean they already have 12 days to decide, and they could add time to the judging period

2 Likes

https://hivegames.typeform.com/hivebedwars?ref=playhive.com

You have to link your video content to the form. It will not be a harder time to search since you provide them the video directly :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Theyre still in the same post and how would ik that

1 Like

No wait I’m confused. Do you mean me commenting on this post?

2 Likes

i dont agree with the dicord cuz i dont use it but nice idea voted!!!

:beedance:

3 Likes

Although I don’t have a problem, because I uploaded a video about it before around 4 days, I will support this idea, because it is unfair for you guys that you can’t. With your idea, you could even win, but you lose the opportunity, due to this limitation. Even if they don’t do it for this contest, the next one SHOULD begin with this new ability of adding videos in the (future) contest.

3 Likes

they still have to decide from lot of submissions

3 Likes

True, but they can just give themselves more time. If the reason for doing it is for popularity, this would allow them to get more of it
Edit: I said the same thing twice oops

2 Likes