Make Witch School permanent and Backrooms seasonal

Everyone loves witch school and only noobs like backrooms bc of the meme.

Witch school is better office (small and amazing for coins but without the cringe camping spots), very fun, and has unique gameplay mechanics (the spells and the floating table). Backrooms is depression incarnate and due to the cupcakes most mm mains don’t like it at all. It gets voted alot bc noobs love the meme and that coupled with it being a bad map overall leads to many negative feelings about it. Witch school was originally intended to be a permanent map but was instead relegated as a seasonal one, so enacting this fix would correct that error and improve the game for the most loyal mm players at the same time.

I 100% agree with this. Witch School is the best map in the game. It is the BEST for coins, small (I tend to like smaller maps), has good interactables, and is incredibly balanced for both roles. Aka Witch School has absolutely no flaws whatsoever. Backrooms is one of the worst maps in the game, and I’m sick of having to play it 80% of the time. Backrooms overvoting has driven me past insane, and it’s dumb that it wins so much. Backrooms has ruined mm; the several variants are annoying, people always requeue so they can get the correct variants for the costume, and the interactables are horrible. The flashlight is useless and just takes up an inventory slot, and invis on backrooms is broken anyway due to the particles. In sum, there is nothing good about Backrooms. It should be seasonal so I won’t have to play it as much. A lot of people are sick of the Backrooms overvoting, so I see this as a good solution to that problem.

6 Likes

ive never heard of a backrooms meme but i still like the map

2 Likes

I like the map too. I think it’s actually one of the best maps they’ve released yet.
Before they released the Backrooms map I thought Remnants was the most unique and fun map because of the mystery box but now the Backrooms map is way more unique.

A few people complain about how it’s different every time but I think that’s what makes it so fun and re-playable; but also I understand that the people complaining about that are the same people that always vote for Office (the smallest and blandest map). lol

3 Likes

Noone’s complaining about how it’s different every time, most people are complaining that the cupcakes give u invis anywhere on the map.

Also, side note, if you like remnants then a) you’re wrong and b) pls join redflqre’s games and vote it :pray:

also also side note remnants would be better if the mystery box was on every pedestal simultaneously but as it is rn it’s very useless and rarely effects the game in any significant, meaningful way meaning remnants is just a massive map with lots of hiding spots and nothing else 99% of the time.

3 Likes

Saying I’m wrong is a really good rebuttal. lol And the cupcakes are not bad at all because both the murderer and innocents can use them, I think it’s pretty balanced and it makes things interesting, but to each their own.

Also, the mystery box is inspired by the mystery box in Call of Duty Zombies Maps if I’m not mistaken. It’s not on every pedestal because if you use it and get unlucky it moves to a different pedestal instead of giving you a power up.

DON’T make backrooms seasonal.

That’s your opinion. Not a fact. Don’t be a bully.

I’ve never heard that complaint either.

2 Likes

I absolutely disagree with I would have downvoted it if that existed
also Backrooms is not know as meme :skull:

4 Likes

This is 100% accurate and i feel like the only ones who disagree are those who hardly play mm and are inexperienced and really shouldnt have a say if they arent an active mm community member (but thats just me)

6 Likes

Idk about which school being permanent, but the voting of backrooms has been consistent since it has become available, making it a seasonal map or even juts a timed event map would increase the rarity of the costume. It doesn’t make much sense to have it as season because it doesn’t represent a season similar to how Village or Witch School does. Hive has already expressed that the backrooms is a permanent map, but a replacement would be nice in a couple of months. Having the costume this year and something else next year different for backrooms would allow hive to come up with more content for backrooms without pressuring themselves too much. Temporarily removing it is not a bad idea

2 Likes

Whilst you will naturally have different views and insights, the opinions of those that play the game less often aren’t any less valuable than those of regular players. I get where you’re coming from, but we certainly won’t be gatekeeping the right to give feedback, and we ask that you don’t either.

8 Likes

How about making it all permanent??

4 Likes

Actually the only smart solution for this. Yeah, I’m pretty sure about.

3 Likes

Ok I’m not sick of the Backrooms, but a little sick of this constant conversation about it :slight_smile:

Firstly, I like the Backrooms map. It’s fun, creative, and interesting. It’s fun to be the murderer and innocent too because there are a lot of mini-quests and hidden areas of the map. I understand that it gets boring, but so does every other map and a lot of people don’t even vote for it anymore! If you really don’t want to play it, you can requeue. There are so many mm maps now that it often doesn’t come up at all!

Witch School on the other hand is a seasonal map, to keep the game interesting. Everything gets boring if we have it all the time, and the same would happen to Witch School.

6 Likes

having to requeue every other game is mad annoying especially since on mobile I don’t have a copy/paste so i gotta just type it out.

It’s also a bad map bc the cupcakes and is still the most voted map rn despite being worse than most other maps.

4 Likes

We won’t be taking the Backrooms map out of rotation because of its popularity; it isn’t a seasonal map. I’d also like to add that (according to our data) it isn’t even the most popular map right now!

As for Witch School, it was made to be a seasonal map, and whilst I understand that it is popular among players, if we were to bring all popular seasonal maps into regular rotation, it would defeat the point of seasonal maps.

More than happy to leave this suggestion open, I just thought I’d weigh in with our stance!

10 Likes

let this guy speak.

also, The office map looks outdated and repetitive ngl. just make more changes and more accurate things.

2 Likes

This is a misconception. It was always intended to be a seasonal map, but wasn’t quite ready in time for Halloween. We didn’t want it to sit there unreleased for another year, so we released it (with Eso Hotel if I recall correctly) afterwards and then took it out of regular rotation after a while.

11 Likes

Witch School wasn’t originally intended to be made seasonal though. It was added on November 12th, 2020, AFTER Halloween. Here is the link to the update where Witch School was added. The map was made “seasonal” in summer 2021. I’m just wondering why the Hive abruptly made this decision. Witch School was not a seasonal map from the get-go, so I would love to hear the reasoning for this change.

1 Like

Please read my comment above your post :smile:

10 Likes