Make Tree Leaves Permeable to Ender Pearls

I think we need a staffs opinion on this

@Hlzyzptlk

1 Like

I’ve accidentally hit tree leaves a couple of times but it really isn’t hard to avoid them.

Yeah, see you can relate to me. It’s on accident, and we want to avoid accidents. I like the trees, but they get in the way of gameplay and that can’t be happening if their intended use is void for the most part due to the amount of andesite that is accessible. They’re mostly there for decoration.

I just don’t think it’s big enough of a problem for a change like this to be made.

If a lot of people diagree with me and really think this is that big of a problem, then I think the build team should just remove some of the leaves that hang over the islands on the maps.

3 Likes

Okay so I only really read the title and skimmed a little but this seems like something that would be incredibly hard to add. Yes, we have permeable ‘blocks’ such as the bookcases or vents on some Murder Mystery maps, but these are custom models and not default blocks like leaves are.

Furthermore, even if we could edit the physics of a default block to make it permeable, we likely wouldn’t be able to filter it between players or pearls. i.e. if you can throw a pearl through the leaves, you yourself would go through them as well. That’s unhelpful for a number of reasons.

That said, I’m not a developer so I couldn’t really tell you but it seems incredibly tricky to implement without creating other issues. It also doesn’t seem super necessary in my opinion since, yes, it happens, but not enough to warrant changing the physics of a whole block (and in one specific game but not others). Pearls can hit all sorts of things, so if we go by “let’s just make them permeable”, you’d have no island edges, no tree trunks, no texture or decor to islands, etc.

11 Likes

So, since that would be a bit difficult to pull off, what if trees were moved to the spare islands? Not mid or the starter islands, but the spare islands?

If a player REALLY needed those wooden planks for some sort of project, they can use the andesite found in chests and/or from iron ore to bridge to the spare islands where the trees would be located. Most battle happens at the starter islands or mid, every now and then I see someone may fight somebody over ores on a spare island. But they’re mostly used as bridge gaps.

so basicaly you assumed they were new to SkyWars and haven’t played it ever since it released?
well to be fair, it didn’t release long ago

well, problem is yours if you can get toxic so easily lmao

but anyways, getting into the point, i barely ever really play the game on both PC and Switch, most of the times i play it on a party but yeah i can see the issue

though, as Holly said,

feel free to shout at me

1 Like

yes ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

1 Like

Hello noob, how are you doing this fine morning/afternoon/evening?

Hello Jed, I am great this evening.
How are you feeling lad?

Doing pretty great just got like 8 kills in SkyWars solo, feeling like a million bucks.

I just bred countless sheep up until the point where I viciously killed them all with a sweep of my sword. Feeling like a million bucks myself.

That sounds pretty cash money my lad. My favorite activity to destress is to spawn a ton of illagers in Creative and prep myself with enchanted netherite gear, harming II arrows, and a fishing rod to mercilessly slay them all in Survival. Can’t forget the notch apples as well.

guys please stay on topic :+1:

4 Likes

I mean, then people will complain we put them there :,) I just don’t see a way to make this happen that isn’t going to create other problems, and we’ll still have players complaining about pearl fails either way

5 Likes

I agree. Also people might complain that the starting islands are bare and need more decorations

3 Likes

I’m not a massively experienced coder but you could make non-gravity entities.