Make the flag holders always viable

i know there is already a feature in place where you can see the locations of the flag holders through walls but this only activates when your close to them.
if this was always active it would encourage more people to go after the other flag holders and help stop the annoying situation where both teams camp with the flag.

this would be cool but if this cannot be done because of hardware limitations or something like that i understand.

I believe the flag holder icon only stays within your render distance

i had hoped not, this is bad for a lot of reasons, namely players with better hardware are at an advantage, o well

You’re not wrong

It’s not render distance iiac.

I think it’s just a set amount of blocks, I might be wrong though.

1 Like

Thats why i said i believe, im not sure how these marker mechanics work. Ive only seen the on (Server) while i was staff testing before i saw it in the hive

1 Like

Bumping to hopefully clear something up. The marker showing the flag holder’s location is displayed as an entity. Entities are tied to the server’s simulation distance, which is a locked setting that is the same for everyone. It is not the same as render distance. Hive would not be able to add this without making the sim distance larger, which will load more entities and cause lag for low-end devices.