Make the blocks non-placeable

So, you how in HNS, near the end of the match, if all the hiders are not found there will be blocks in your inventory that tell the type of blocks left and how many of them. While this is useful, it leads to an exploit. When you try to place the block, it will appear for a split second and disappear. This means that, if you time it correctly, you can get up to places you normally wouldn’t be able to reach. My suggestion is instead of removing the blocks, make them non-placeable, to avoid this.

Let me know what you think!

JJ's Note

How is a sword strong enough to pierce through an entire anvil?

2 Likes

Maybe they could adjust the player permissions to exclude placing blocks. They could also place deny blocks beneath the map.

3 Likes

I don’t see a problem with this effecting gameplay if a seeker gets out of the map wut are they going to do? But if it was a hider than that would be an issue

3 Likes

agreed. why change this if it doesnt affect gameplay

1 Like

It does effect gameplay. A seeker can use this exploit to easily kill a hider high enough. I just feel like its kinda unfair that seekers can reach more places than hiders.

2 Likes

And if there was teamers using this exploit that would be even worse…

4 Likes

i like to think that every player has a costume that they use, so the sword is just slicing through fabric lol

anyway yeah why not.
also, to everyone saying “why change it if it doesnt affect gameplay”, it does, and it just isnt intended.
I cant see it being hard to fix anyway :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Seekers can block glitch up to hiding spots and kill hiders. It’s very annoying and makes hiding riskier than it should be. This suggestion is a must-impliment to encourage hiding instead of running, because block glitching renders all the parkour spots largely useless.

3 Likes

I remember you saying a while ago that running is a valid strategy :thinking:

3 Likes

If a hider can’t get up there how is a seeker going to get them then???

1 Like

What? He said the hiding spots that require parkour while the seekers are just able to block glitch up there without having to do the parkour.

1 Like

We’d love to do this, but as with most things, it sadly isn’t simple to implement without impacting other areas of the game.

Maybe one day!

5 Likes

I’m confused on what you mean, could you possibly explain what you mean by, “other areas of the game.”

Edit: nvm about the can place on command stuff, but!!! Can break!! I tested it out on my world and it seems perfectly fine, they just have to add EVERY block they used on each map and make the players in adventure.
So something like
/give @(hunters) diamond_sword 1 0 {“minecraft:can_destroy”:{“blocks”:[“stone”]}}
Of course with more than just stone

2 Likes

This is coming more from a technical standpoint. Making the changes required to make it so that blocks cannot be placed would, for example, make it so that players could no longer hit hidden blocks.

We’ve discussed this change before, as it makes a lot of sense! It just comes down to unfortunately not being easy to implement without having to also make large changes to the mechanics of the game. If it were simple, we’d have implemented it already!

This all said, changes to the game may make it easier to implement such a change in the future, so we’ll have to see!

4 Likes

Ohhhh ok, thanks for explaining! I was wondering why is wasn’t possible to play inventory blocks in Block Party and not Hive and Seek (because there aren’t any hiding blocks in Block Party :joy:)!
that would be kinda funny if block party had dancing blocks lol

1 Like

since you are unable to remove the seeker’s ability to place blocks could u maybe put some buttons or string down below parkour hiding spots so that seekers can’t just block glitch up? (if u need a list of parkour spots i gotchu, just pm me)

2 Likes

We’d prefer to make improvements to the anti-cheat to prevent it altogether, rather than having to make changes to several maps :+1:

5 Likes

It’s probably worth noting that vanilla Minecraft worlds do not function the same as on The Hive; our server software is completely custom-made. Making something work with commands in vanilla does not translate to making something work on The Hive.

7 Likes

Closed at the request of the original poster.