Make jump boost pads in deathrun fans

In deathrun instead of the emeralds that give jump boost, use the fans from the arcade hub. (like mailbot hq parkour)

It would just launch you up instead of giving the jump boost effect, as jump boost can also be annoying since you have to wait a second before you start sprint jumping.

That’s about it.

Edit: Idk if this would be bad for speedruns, so please tell me if it would

Liked this, I have many situations where I’m first but being dominated because my leap jumps are delayed when sprinting to it.

1 Like

Good idea
But a ‘fan’ won’t mix well with the surrounding theme of some maps
But It could be fixed by just re texturing the fans

2 Likes

Yeah, just something to launch you up. I think the emeralds can look a bit jarring aswell but maybe also a launchpad like the one at mid on ashram in CTF that goes straight up

1 Like

Would be a nice QoL. Voted!

You said “instead of emerald blocks” and I disagree with this. Fans shouldn’t replace the emerald blocks that give you a jump boost. At first glance one might say that they do the same thing: send the player up. But any highly experienced Deathrun player will tell you that they work in different ways. The fans are automatic which means that you have to be sure that you want to go up before you step on it. Emerald blocks make the jump boost ready to use and the player has control over when they want to go up. Additionally, certain maps have strats that depend on the jump boost in order to be executed. An example would be the ending strat on Terminal. You leap before reaching the peak of your jump boost and the leap carries over with the momentum of the leap which allows you to jump over the slabs at the end of the map instead of having to go around them. If you replace the jump boost with a fan, this strat wouldn’t be possible anymore. Replacing emerald blocks with fans would disrupt lots of existing strategies in Deathrun.

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t realise that at the time I made this post,. Since then I did dabble in speedrunning dr, and saw a few strats involving it, so you make a good point and to that I salute you.

Edit: I just realised I had adressed that in the post but yeah your point still stands :+1:

1 Like