Lock Middle Chests for 30-60 Seconds

Currently, the middle chests in SkyWars are very valuable, and contain powerful gear. Usually, the player who gets to the middle first wins because their gear is so much better than others. I think that it would make the game a bit more fair if the chests were locked for the first 30-60 seconds after the border drops. This would prevent the tactic of rushing the middle and getting over-powered armor. I think that the time should also be customizable in custom servers.

I totally agree with this. The enderchests contain very powerful loot and with the diamond and emerald ores it’s too overpowered. Personally I would like it when the enderchests get unlocked with the spawn of the first mystery chest like in Sky Royale. Gold ores would get better because they can drop snowballs and golden apples. Mailbot will give you my vote! :mailbot: → :memo:

5 Likes

tactic of rushing

its a strategy, so shouldn’t it be used? you could camp or rush and get the same gear by mining diamonds on your islands/nearby islands. I don’t really see a use for this feature

10 Likes

I agree, but then the game would be slower as people wont be trying to race to middle and fight each other for the loot. This makes the game less intense and with this suggestion this lessens the players stratagy. Right now you can trap players, rush islands for xp, camp, get stack in mid etc. If you make the ender chest locked then people wouldn’t go to mid and prob just camp around their island.

and also I agree with Sharks332

2 Likes

That is a point, but there are a lot of players who don’t have the ability to speed bridge, or there are players in touch queues who don’t play on a controller and are being matched against players who do. If you want to rush, then you can still go to islands to your side and fight other players for their resources. I just don’t feel like its fair that players who immediately rush middle should get amazing gear right off the bat.

platform based matchmaking

3 Likes

Touch players who play on a controller/external keyboard and mouse are still matched with other touch players.

1 Like

I dont think its good to make the game less intense, this makes it boring and people will start to get tired of playing then the player counts will prob drop

If anything, this would make the game more intense, as there won’t immediately be players with full diamond armor (unless you have insane RnG) who can scare other players off. Players would have to fight others who come to the middle to wait for the chests, or go to other islands and fight players for their resources.

2 Likes

is the amount of mobile players who use a controller even that big? I can’t imagine it being more than like 1%. idk if they’re relevant enough to consider an update.

ig, one scanrio im thinking of is that one guy gets good rng lets say like dia helmet and dia legging then you kill somebody with a dia sword and dia chestplate. You go to mid island to mine some dia ores and get dia legging. Then you can just camp mid and make nobody else get mid loot

Wouldn’t that be the exact same scenario as is already possible right now?

1 Like

I’m honestly not sure, I’d be curious to know as well

Do you use a keyboard/mouse or controller on mobile?
  • I use a controller to play mobile
  • I use a keyboard/mouse to play mobile
  • I use touch controls to play mobile

0 voters

but if u did this

at least like 1 or 2 other ppl can get stacked from mid while u go and kill ppl and get stacked

Wouldn’t that make the game more fair? If more people are able to get better resources then the game would be more intense and fun for everyone.

I’m not sure about this. Does that mean players with terrible rng should be punished because the game gave them terrible spawn loot?

2 Likes

how is this poll supposed to give an accurate representation of the playerbase

It would make the game more fair, as players wouldn’t be able to immediately get amazing gear and kill everyone. If you got terrible RnG then not much would change. RnG is a core part of Hive SkyWars. If you get terrible RnG, you have 3 options:

1. Leave your island and rush to another island with better ores and/or rush middle
  2. Keep mining ores on your island, and hope that no one rushes you
  3. Keep mining on your island and get killed by someone who rushes you

If players aren’t able to immediately get crazy gear, then it would encourage more island-to-island fights and make the game more intense. It might make the game a bit more harsh on players who have bad RnG, but it would just encourage more fair fighting.

1 Like

It’s not supposed to, it’s just a random poll for people to vote on if they would like to.

1 Like

I like this its like Sky Royale ill vote this