LGBT+ pride event OR hubtitle/costume

I think it would be really cool for the hive to have a pride event of some kind!! Nothing big but maybe change or add a few decorations around the hubs like pride flags!

Alternatively there could be a free hubtitle or free hat that’s a tiny pride flag that sits on your head. The hat could have a few alternate versions (bi, lesbian, trans and maybe a couple others.)

Something like this would be a great way to show their support and let members show off their own pride too during and even after the month is over(if the hat or title is done)!! :rainbow_flag: :transgender_flag: :smile:

I don’t think they will do this since some of the players probably adapt to religions that don’t believe in or support the LGBTQ or the players just don’t like it.

They do decorate and rebrand their Discord logo though ig

9 Likes

Those are completely invalid reasons to not do it

3 Likes

Hive never did an LGTBQ+ event/cosmetic and I assume they will never do so as well. Not because they are against mentioned community, but more for player security reasons. Events or specific unlocks, such as you mentioned, could result in an increase of discrimination, which cannot be monitored and handled by the moderation team.

On Discord it is much easier to keep under control, as there are limited channels and staff has immediate access to all messages. If a user shows discriminatory behaviour they can immediately take action and mute/ban the rule breaker accordingly. This simply isn’t possible in-game, especially as there is no in-game reporting option in hubs.

20 Likes

Also if someone needs proof of what rechenheft said for whatever reason, just look at the comments on any of Minecraft’s community posts in the month of June and you’ll quite quickly see why the hive might not be so keen to do an event like this.

5 Likes

Sorry but i really don’t think this is necessary to add plus if we add this it might not be a good face for the hive server

3 Likes

Am I crazy or did they say that they were planning on adding it to hubs? I thought they did.

Ahh I did some searching and found it

So when that happens I don’t see a problem with adding some cosmetics for pride stuff.

4 Likes

Now I just looked at the post again, i do kinda understand the unavoidable part. The costume part is only in the title, but the actual post is suggesting more of a small event with flags and stuff.

We take pride in our community being open and inclusive, and a place where everybody is welcome; we celebrate Pride on our Discord server each year.

‘They shouldn’t add this because some players will disagree with it’ isn’t really a valid argument here, nor is it something we’d be worried about.

We welcome discussion on this suggestion, and everybody is entitled to their opinions, but posts stating that they don’t agree with the basic rights of the LGBTQ+ community will be deleted, and posters subject to punishments in-line with our rules.

17 Likes

As Splodg3r said, they celebrate Pride on their Discord server. I also see a pride event or cosmetic being made fun of (not that I would, I support) and that could potentially lead to Hive becoming infamous. Although I do agree with you, I don’t think that this should occur.

As Splodg3r said, they already celebrate pride month on their discord. Adding an event would be an extra weight on their shoulders (I’m not saying I’m against the idea but seems a little bit excessive, don’t ya think?

I don’t even think Microsoft will allow it. They banned the keyterms “LGBTQ+” on the Marketplace. I assume such updates needs to be approved my higherups as Hive is on the featured server list.

Anyways, I’m not big on Hive doing temporary content / events anyways and like I’ve said before in many other topics, I’d rather they focus on including permanent updates and content as its more worthwhile long-term.

2 Likes

also in some places like Arab United Emirates (i think) its not allowed and they did not show Spiderman into the Spiderverse because it had 2 seconds worth of LGBTQ+ Flag in it (it was on the news(i dont read the news tho))

1 Like

That’s awful of them to do…

3 Likes

Don’t worry :+1: there’s still LGBTQ+ content on the Marketplace (fact)

I assume they banned that key term for other countries (opinion)

Personally, it’s not really that tragic because I don’t buy anything on the Marketplace anyway. And the Internet is just more accessible for free and better content.

However, this post has deviated from the actual topic on hand. So I’ll say this again; temporary events should not be the main focus for Hive, and should not go out of Hive’s way and delay major and permanent updates.

5 Likes

Splodg3r stated here that people not liking or disagreeing with LGBTQ+ is not a valid argument.

1 Like