JB duos bonus boost

At least 40% of the time that I start a JB game, I get stuck without a partner. It can be very frustrating to attempt larger builds that really need two people to complete and not have enough time to finish. It would be nice if players that attempt a “duos” round and end up alone could get some kind of XP boost or time extension to make up for the lost help.

Its called duos extended

2 Likes

This can be easily abused

My advice would be to play with a friend in party

1 Like

Even some extended ones can be a bit frustrating. I had to do a “town” category once by myself. I only got one or two buildings done. Also, JB seems to be one of those games that always seems short on players.

Even if you don’t get a partner, I think 10 mins are enough to build atleast something related to the theme for duos extended

For regular duos (or the 5 mins one) you can build something on a small scale
Example- If the theme is snowman, then you can build a 5x5 cube of snow and then a 3x3 on top of it, a carved pumpkin, or something like that

Hope this helps
Courtesy of the Hive Scouts

2 Likes

Good point. I’m just the type that likes to “go big or go home” when it comes to games like this. :wink:

Just saying, if you think building big can give you more points or something like that, you’re wrong
If you build something small but detailed and it looks good, you can easily even come first in that round

Ex- I once got the theme Ice Castle. Some people made outer walls and watch towers out of ice, but none were complete, whereas I had only built one tower with a good interior. I came 2nd. I’m not bragging or anything like that, just giving an example to support my point

1 Like

If you are annoyed that you don’t get a partner or your partner leaves the game, you should play solos. Getting a boost can be abused easily and would make the game unfair to other players

2 Likes

Maybe there should be some kind of message that appears at the beginning of voting, saying that the build was made by only one person. The voters could take this into account when making their decisions. I have made some decisions that seemed reasonable at the time, but when voting ended, it showed that only one person made it. This left me feeling slightly guilty that I judged them a bit too harshly for a one-player effort on a two-player project. :face_with_diagonal_mouth: