INVISIBLE/UNOBTAINABLE BLOCK IN CTF (Leads to 30 Minute Ban)

Game: CTF
Account name: theaurastraw
Map: Campsite
Region: NA

Hi, me and my friend were playing Capture the flag when we discovered a bug. On the map Campsite if you hold an item and walk up to the Flowered Azalea in the pot at spawn, hitting the place button will give you a Flowered Azalea in your inventory, I went to place it down and stood on top of it:

To which I was banned from CTF for 30 minutes, as on other player’s screens the block is invisible.

I went on to an alt account (ThaLastStraw) to see if I can replicate it, and while I was still able to grab the Azalea and place it for a split second, it would disappear before I could stand upon it.

Device: Andriod
Version: 1.19.73

2 Likes

Hey there :wave:

While we were able to reproduce the second half of your bug, the first half isn’t coming quite so easily. Does anyone else have more information on how we can reproduce this?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Im going to see if i can replicate this.
Edit: i was unable to replicate this.

Sorry about the late reply, this is my other account as stated in the post above.

I noticed that the only way to get the block was to place blocks around the azalea pot and hold blocks in your hand while hitting the place button.

Thats how I was able to get the azalea in the first place, and as far as I know you’re still able to do it.

1 Like

I was able to get the azaleas, but trying to place them removes them from the inventory I think. Interesting that holding down interact while holding a block gives them to you.

Video:

Maybe try and place the Azalea Bush on Grass/Moss like how in Vanilla gameplay.

I tried that off camera, same thing happened.

It’s a bit strange how it lead to only a 30 minute ban. Aren’t CTF bans an hour long?

Yes I’m on ctf and tried this placed it on moss and got disconnected with an error

I did some documenting of this, other ghost items, and ghost blocks. Here’s the link to my Youtube playlist on it: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpR5_ipuqFhaMd1gpjcCftK9JfaF9R6Gd&si=o9EZfxFYsEIEdEe9
I didn’t give tutorials on how to recreate these glitches, but you can figure out how to if you try hard enough.
The anticheat keeps the uses of these glitches quite limited as you can see in the first video.
5 videos were added since initial post.

I’ve got a video if anyone needs one. :slightly_smiling_face:
Capture The Flag Azalea Bush Bug - SuchabunYT - YouTube
I hope this information is useful!

Hey there :wave:

Thank you for taking the time to report this. We are unable to fix it at this time as it is a Minecraft issue.

Stay safe and well

1 Like