Inconsistent grass colors for maps and lobbies

Affected Service (Game name, hub, or global):
Game lobbies and maps

What is the bug?
Sometimes, maps and lobbies will appear to have vibrant green grass colors. Sometimes, they will appear to have dull yellow-ish or even blue-ish tints (Wasn’t able to provide examples for blue-ish grass tins, but it does happen)

Device(s) & Version
From my testing, it happens on all versions and all platforms

Screenshots and/or video:

Here are some screenshots of this bug being present on the map “Wildwood” in SkyWars Solos

Vibrant Grass color

Dull Grass color

I also have some screenshots for the map “Jungle” on SkyRoyale

Vibrant Grass color

Dull Grass color

I hope this gets fixed soon because I love the vibrant green grass color Hive had on their maps and woukd love to continue seeing it. Ontop of that, its a bit unfitting for a map based on a Jungle or Forest to have a dull and washed out color. It looks a bit off…

1 Like

Hey there :wave:

Thanks for submitting a bug report.

Can you let me know when these screenshots were taken?

1 Like

These screenshots were taken today, a couple of hours ago

I’ve had that before, it appears to be because of the maps being in different biomes.

I have no idea why it does that, but I think it’s cool and adds variety.

So I don’t think this should be changed.

6 Likes

tbh no one would even notice the grass lol all they would care about is playing.

1 Like

I get that. However, its quite unfitting for a Jungle-based map to have a dull grass color instead of a lush green color. It just looks off…

1 Like

It may look cool but it isn’t intended, each map has a set biome.

We will look into why this may be happening :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The darker grass color seems pretty dull, but the bright one makes the map look nicer than before.

1 Like

The jungle biome is the one that is intended :smile:

4 Likes

lol I’m dumb thanks for telling me that

1 Like

I’ve had this tons of time, it happens on every game I believe

2 Likes

My guess is that its something to do with the chunk loading changes made in 1.16.100 because this issue started occurring since Hive supported 1.16.100.

its just the biome and the heat of the biome and stuff

1 Like

This wasn’t an issue before though. It worked fine until Hive added support for 1.16.100

It’s actually just down to the biome configuration being missing on this specific map, a patched version will be rolling out soon :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This issue has been fixed :slight_smile:

3 Likes