How to make block drop faster

Block drop is meant to be a fast paces gamemode, but it completely fails at that, and I have a few simple (and original) ideas that would make the game better. (This isnt a dupe read the post, my ideas are original)

1. This one is simple, make blocks drop faster.
    The current time it takes for blocks to decay is 4 seconds, which is way too much, and should be changed to 2 seconds. It would also be nice to have it reduced to 1 second later in the game.

2.Punish Campers more
When you stand on a block that is decaying it should decay the blocks around it, similar to how the skulk spreads in 1.19.

1. Make blocks randomly decay
    As soon as a layer is stood on, it should be susceptible to random decaying. I think 1bps (block per second) would be good, and every 30 seconds the bps increases by 1. The blocks at the higher layers should be prioritised. This may seem too fast, but in my opinion would be great.

i don’t think that block drop needs any changes to the pace of play right now.

4 Likes

dis dude made a dupe

1 Like

Why don’t you actually link the dupe then

I think this would help make the game faster, another suggestion is that if a top layer is empty for more than 10 seconds it will be removed
I also think the block decay would be great for sweatier games, maybe activated when 5 players are left
Also rename the topic to something like “ideas for block drop” because this is dupe

This isnt really a good idea. I think blockdrop doesn’t need to ‘punish’ Campwrs. This makes osophia the 1st place block drop holder near im poasible for her method to work. I also use the method

This feels familiar.

Summary/Breakdown

One reason why I believe block decay is balanced to 4 seconds is to give mobile players a chance to actually leap up to other sections of the map. If you play on mobile, you have to hold tap to use a leap which gives them a major disadvantage and they have to do all of this as they need to look up, hold tap (and jump) all in one go. If this was at 1 or 2 seconds, this would definitely be very unfair towards mobile players.

Camping or moving one block at a time is a strategy used by some players to preserve the block around them allowing them to live longer (until that one knockback nemo kid) and this is used in games commonly known as “TNT Run” as the tnt blocks ignite below you plummeting into the void. This strategy is also used there. Besides the hive have already put a precaution in place that makes the block below you faster if you stand still.

Games last a maximum of 10 minutes (most likely 5 depending on how fast game goes). As the block decay goes, it will start to become entirely luck based nearer the end of the game where its 7 or even 12 bps (Blocks Per Second) that you will actually win. You just have to hope you have enough vaults to leap over large gaps in order to get away from the small island you have been stranded on by the decay. If not? Your luck got thrown in the bin.

Final Notes

I’m sorry but I will have to disagree with your suggestion. You should look into thinking balances for all devices as hive tries to make a fair play area for all devices

However this is just my opinion

1 Like

I’m honoured
I agree movement in mobile isn’t that smooth as pc or controller
Especially that the right button doesn’t work cuz bugrock

I don’t like the method, thats why I suggested it

They cant just re.ove something for 1 person. It is really good and when its the last layer and about 15 blocks left it would be impossible