Hive Colorblind Mode

Idea:

Hive Colorblind Mode, would help players to see colors better

More information:

How this could work is there would be 3 different modes, for the 3 different colorblindness. When you select these modes it would enable a texture pack for you. As someone that has Tritanomaly, this could help a lot for me when I’m playing casually.

4 Likes

I mean it seems like a good idea
You can vote for your own suggestion also
Idk if this is a dupe but I don’t feel like checking
Voted

2 Likes

i think this is a dupe, but i didnt see anything searching

also this will be a lot of work for the hive, as they have to redo ALL their current textures. this would be cool, but really hard

this is a nice suggestion voted :yellow_heart:

Kind of a dupe since the idea is the same

But since i doubt either have more than 10 votes ill vote for this, looking at yellow and lime in ANY game mode for me is troublesome for me plushy has strong tritan?

Even if u can see colours properly try supporting this thanks

2 Likes

Sorry if I misunderstood, but you’re colourblind? Never knew that about you

3 Likes

well i also cant tell the difference between lime and yellow and blue and magenta , purple so this would help me to i voted

1 Like

Windows already has that option so you do not need the hive to add it, to enable it go to settings and then accessibility

Translated from Spanish to English

Windows ya lleva esa opción por lo que no hace falta de que the hive lo añada, para habilitarlo ve a configuración y luego accesibilidad

I was always wondering if it was a bit complicated for colorblind to play some minigames, especially minigames that use colors as a base like the one in Sonic that had a traffic light.
I hope they add that, it would help a lot of people.

It could work as a texture: when you click to apply colorblind mode, the server restarts, with the texture active.

That would be very useful! I useful! I love this idea! I normally use a texture pack for that, but I much prefer the default textures. I was happy when Minecraft changed the ore textures, it would be such a relief if the Hive had a built in colorblind mode! It would be cool if the Hive maybe made the wool more saturated, maybe also adding some kind of indicator to tell each armor type from each other! I would benefit massively from this!

Ew British spelling

I actually really like this idea, good suggestion

2 Likes

For the Windows settings you mentioned, this would only work on Windows, while console and mobile players wouldn’t have that ability.

2 Likes

bro google tried making me go to the weird american spelling :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Exactly, this would be helpful for the colorblind console players, and the colorblind mobile players. (Like me!) It would be really nice for this change to be made!

1 Like

You’re right, but instead of being a color filter that incorporates The Hive it should be for all Minecraft, I found this suggestion on the official Minecraft Feedback page from where you can vote for it: Configuración de daltonismo - Comentarios de Minecraft

Okay but making the hive add this is less difficult than making mojang and team add this

the post it says that they should add a texutre pack that would change the team tags, not anything excessive

Would this resource pack be something all players would have to download? if so, how large would it be? If the pack is too big, it might stop some players from being able to play.

I don’t think it’d be that big, as all it’s doing is changing some colours. The Hive had an entire sonic event with custom textures everywhere and it was all good in terms of downloading the pack.

1 Like

Changing just a few colors still requires a whole texture for every single block that the Hive uses. It wouldn’t be any different than a whole different texture pack in terms of size. Additionally, the sonic texture pack had a smaller variety of textures and they simply reused those same blocks. If there was a colorblind pack, there would need to be a retexture of almost every block in the game. If you factor in that there are multiple types of colorblindness and require multiple packs, you can easily get into 20-30 mb territory considering the Sonic Pack was 5.9 mb. I was unable to even join a realm that had a 30 mb pack because it always timed out.

1 Like

I doubt it would be that big. I’ve used colorblind texture packs before. They never take up much space. Also, we’re not saying that the Hive should change every texture, just a few textures to make certain things less confusing.