Hive billboards

What If I don’t want to see the ad?

Should I use the skip button jkjkjkjk

Should I pay ?

I would assume you simply just don’t look at it

Nice idea! Although, it’s very similar to that of a suggestion posted earlier in the year, right here.

1 Like

True. But my idea mentioned ‘around the hub’ and it also talked about how it could involve the ‘ads of content creators to upgrade their viewer base’.

At the end of the day, both are great ideas! :beedance: @OnlyOrbixx

This idea is great! I think any (partnered hive) YouTuber with more than 10k subs could submit a billboard on the hive website and in a certain region it would activate for 20-30 minutes, this way the YouTubers support the Hive on YouTube, and the Hive players support the YouTubers.

It’s a win win! Also, this isn’t at all pay to win or pay to play. I think it would be very cool to see your favorite YouTuber on your favorite server.

1 Like

Well stated :beedance:

If you like the idea, you could drop a vote!

Definitely a cool idea, though I don’t see the Hive doing it. If I had to guess, billboards that display in-game would be extremely challenging to make, both programming-wise and artistically (getting it to display at a good resolution in game).

As for @Conhadda’s question about lag, I also think this would create a lot of lag for people on low-end devices, which is another reason why the Hive wouldn’t add it.

7 Likes

I see your point of view! And I do agree with your points. But I also want to see this implemented! :slight_smile: @PotatoPie25

Thank you for the vote, too!

1 Like

Nah, this would make the hub look tacky, especially if they’re endorsing youtubers.

1 Like

Always nice to get a youtuber pov, I have one more thing to add

If I was a youtuber I don’t think I would want my channel clogging the hub, I think this would be mega tacky

I almost think of this as one of those mobile game ads that you can’t seem to find the X to, u cant get rid of this feature or turn it off.

Also being in the hive community and knowing which suggestions they add I personally do not see the hive staff team or developers adding this feature

I could also see some toxic YouTubers plaster their face across this or whatever and make the most annoying ad of all time

Pretty much to seal up my thought process I see more bad then good in this suggestion, but this is very very creative, I would have never thought of anything like this.

4 Likes

I do see your point of view!

And thank you for the compliment! :beedance:

Bumping because the arcade has released since the last post on this topic, and billboards would look great in there.
Also, instead of entities being the billboards, maybe they could use their new-ish custom blocks with custom textures.
Hive has changed a lot since this post was originally made and I think they could reasonably do this now.

2 Likes

Idk if someone else has said it, I didn’t read all the replies. But it could be extremely risky to advertise people, as an example, they could do some bad things. Having ranks for them is risky enough, adding more attention to those people could make the Hive seem bad for supporting that stuff. I’m sure they wouldn’t want to have to deal with changing the billboards when someone does do something.

Overall I do like the idea, they just have to be safe about it.

1 Like

They could advertise new cosmetics and updates though. I would rather they promote Block Party than Evident.

1 Like

They could also advertise their own socials?

2 Likes

Of course the staff would have to inspect the ads before, other wise it would end up like mobile game ads.

Also, I think this would suit the arcade much better.
It could also have changing ads.

Also, I don’t think anyone would pay for that bro :skull:

1 Like

They already do this with chat messages if that creator is doing a giveaway or a special event involving the Hive.

i honestly didnt notice beforehand that this post is old lol

If this was added I feel like hubs would be too crowded unnecessarily and nobody would pay attention to any billboards. This also just seems like a huge cash grab since the “better” the spot, the more it costs.

Also @Bubblez705 why did u necropost :skull:

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Hive Forum Rules:

@L_Demon_Cat I felt that this topic should be reopened for discussion due to the addition of the arcade.

1 Like

ik its been long since this reply but i just want to make things clear.

yes, although InPvP is the owner of Mineville (now they have released the demon called Pixel Paradise), InPvP has never had pay to play games (at least when i played InPvP back then.), they released mineville which really back then had just Highschool Roleplay but soon turned into that server that would empty your pockets. I generally haven’t done no research if the owner changed or they weren’t making much money off of InPvP so they decided to go a different route… Lifeboat has some micro-transactions but mostly is not pay-to-play (looking at you, prison)… I can totally see how people think that Mineville AND Pixel Paradise should be removed but remember that microsoft gets money out of their servers also, and don’t forget that Microsoft only bought Minecraft for the purpose of getting more info of you, the more people they get info from, the more they know about you and your friends…

1 Like

One thing I disagree with the original post on is the paid aspect. You should not be able to buy them. I think they would be great for worldbuilding, like adding MailCorp billboards all over the place, or some other company.

1 Like