Hide & Seek - have enough of issues not fixed for months and months

Hello,

It has been a huge amount of months, even sometimes years, since these issues got “logged”, and has still not be solved yet ! So I’m putting these public, in order to make react a little more. At this point, I’m not someone putting down others, but I’m nearly calling this at least “inapt” to properly handle this.

All of these issues concern Hide & Seek. Only.

• 1st seeker afk is still an issue to this day. How to lose 5 minutes for those who don’t know /hub, having to repeat this, or having to do it just to get to another game, that’s not normal. Hiders hit them, so it’s a bit more advanced to code this rather to check if they are “fixed” position.
  • players can still be stone blocks as hiders when popping in the game. It’s very easy to code something to prevent this happening, it’s got adviced multiple times.
  • hiders can still turn into another block when hit. It makes the situation tedious, because in the hiders blocks remaining, it will change, when players don’t expect it at all.
  • the hiders counter is still glitched : sometimes one hider will not show up to the count, and will reappear as soon as they hide ? Or whenever it pleased it ?..

I nearly don’t want to say “please” at that point. Do something about it. Or explain at least why this is not solved yet. It makes the server lose potential players, and doesn’t improve its image about it.

(Also @Splodg3r, about the situation of gray statues and special items, since I can’t reply to last bug report post, I would like to tell you that the situation is special. Because some servers have skins, statues and special items gray, some of them partially show them correctly like the Hive, and some… show these three correctly. So… ? I don’t believe it’s something “out of control” ; however to do things right, I created a Mojang ticket, in order to clear things up for you all : https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCPE-114801)

Hey there👋

I appreciate your concern and your help with reporting bugs. We are very much aware of the issues you raised, and they are logged in the relevant places internally.

I’ll briefly comment on each issue you raised in your post:

1st seeker afk is still an issue to this day. How to lose 5 minutes for those who don’t know /hub, having to repeat this, or having to do it just to get to another game, that’s not normal. Hiders hit them, so it’s a bit more advanced to code this rather to check if they are “fixed” position.

We will be implementing a feature that will randomly select a new seeker if the first seeker hasn’t managed to find any hiders with x amount of time in a future update.

players can still be stone blocks as hiders when popping in the game. It’s very easy to code something to prevent this happening, it’s got adviced multiple times.

hiders can still turn into another block when hit. It makes the situation tedious, because in the hiders blocks remaining, it will change, when players don’t expect it at all.

These issues are rather rare, and difficult to reproduce. We are still looking into possible fixes for them.

the hiders counter is still glitched : sometimes one hider will not show up to the count, and will reappear as soon as they hide ? Or whenever it pleased it ?..

Unless I’m mistaken, I do not believe that this issue has been reported to us through the proper channels, please do submit a bug report so that we can get this logged.

A Hide and Seek update is on the roadmap. We appreciate that these bugs are taking a while to fix, but rest assured we haven’t forgotten about them :slight_smile:

As for the issues with models when using RTX shaders; only a very, very small percentage of our players use Minecraft’s RTX features. It has been an incredibly busy year for us, and we have had to prioritize fixes for issues affecting our wider player base. We may be able to look into this further in the future.

10 Likes