"Hide Players" Option in The Hub

Idea: There should be a toggle-able item that allows you to hide players in The Hub.

I believe there should be an item like a dye that lets you change player visibility in the hub. You’d be able to choose from these options:

“Ranked Players”
(Those with Hive+, Partner Ranks, Staff, etc.)

“Friends”
(Only see those that you have added as friends)

“No One”
(You will not be able to see any players, regardless of their rank, friendship, etc.)

“Everyone”
(You will be able to see every player)

More information: I’ve been surfing on the forums for a bit and haven’t noticed anyone suggest this. I think most of us players on The Hive may not have the best computers, mobile devices and/or consoles. I usually lag in The Hub due to how many players there are running around or AFK, I believe this may be the case for a lot of other players. This may not be a suggestion that entertains users in-game but it allows users that explore the hub, do the parkour, or that just joined to be at ease without their device lagging due to the amount of players in The Hub. Death Run has a feature that is somewhat like this, and I believe it could be very handy.

PS: Players and/or Partners who may spend time recording/streaming may like this feature as some players enjoy jumping in their face while they might be recording/streaming : p

PPS: As stated from JakesterYT, having Staff always visible no matter what player visibility option you choose from would be great! As it wouldn’t interfere with staff doing their jobs (ex. Telling someone to change their skin.) Also stated from AlphaDivided, chat would not be disabled so you may still interact with others via chat. This would also help others not feel neglected/ignored as they can still speak to one another through chat.

Here’s a screenshot of what I believe could be added:
Or it could be implemented into the Global Locker

8 Likes

You know what
I like this

Make sure to vote for your own suggestion!

9 Likes

I agree with this its a very good idea for youtubers i hope this gets added :smiley:

5 Likes

This is sort of a duplicate and this can make new users and people without Hive+ feel left out.

No you can just change the dye LOL

I mean this added a lot more detail

2 Likes

What about this statement?

How does this affect them? You’re just not seeing them

2 Likes

Exactly, doesn’t that sound a little rude to u

those without Hive+ would also have the options to choose from and the ability to see no one, will you argue saying it’ll make everyone feel left out just because they aren’t visible?

i believe the “Ranked Players” option could be useful for someone who does want some life in their hub but doesn’t want their framerate to drop drastically. it could also be used by YouTubers/Streamers if they are working with another content creator and would like to show them in their video

4 Likes

So true, there is always like 1 kid who gets I front of a streamer and is like “oh look at me! Look at me! Mom I am famous!”

1 Like

dude the people without hive plus wouldn’t care at all, despite not even knowing that you have it toggled also most nons don’t even stay in hub unless they’re afk or roleplaying.

4 Likes

yeh, I’m thinking of getting into content creation and making it so you can only see friends would be great.

1 Like

Hey, that’s kinda nice! Take my vote.

1 Like

I like this idea as hubs can be very laggy when they are full

1 Like

Hey! Welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion, however I can see why this could be problematic. For example, players may have Staff Members or all players toggled “off”, meaning they don’t know if they are being instructed to do something by a Hive Staff, such as changing a skin.

Furthermore, as said by by @Scratchfangs this can lead to players feeling left out and neglected by friends as they would be ignored completely.

2 Likes

I assume chat will still be enabled

Another option would be to make it so staff are always visible

5 Likes

i like this one better it has ALOT more details

2 Likes

we need this. i like it. thanks for making this.

2 Likes

I aggre that staff should be visable always

8 Likes