Have a vault cooldown

I have seen people go srom 3rd layer to 1st by spamming the vault. Mabey add a 3 second cool down to it to prevent it being spammed to get up in seconds

1 Like

It shouldn’t be changed because i don’t see the point of the leaps if u can’t use them to get up layers.

4 Likes

Aiming straight up makes you go up

Ik thats what i said

3 Likes

No.
A lot of mobile players(not saying all of em) cannot time their jump and vault, so to get up 1 layer they would have to use 2 vaults.

sorry if this didnt make sence

6 Likes

Im not a touch screen player but i use 2 vaults to get up 1 layer. Lol

1 Like

Even if they had a cooldown you could still ascend 1 layer at a time. Plus if you get nemo’d you can spam them to clutch back, making them one if the only nemo counters. Adding cool-downs would make nemos op.

3 Likes

This would make clutching impossible which I hate.

4 Likes

There should never be a vault cooldown.

Let me explain. Everyone is given 3 free vaults at the start of the game. This allows you to get back up a layer if you accidentally slipped and fell off the edge. For mobile players, this will be difficult because of how the gameplay works for them. You see, mobile players have to hold tap in order to use an item. And it may take several attempts for them to save themselves.

This would make the game more unfair towards all mobile players. Console and PC players can just press a button and the item will instantly be used. The hive wants a fair playing field towards all platforms. So its good as it is without a cooldown.

There are different scenarios for why vaults are used:

• Saving yourself from the void
  • Going back up a layer [Credit - xL1ghtning1729]
  • Getting back to the arena after being nemo’d off [Credit - gameboi4784]
  • Attempting to save yourself while accidentally slipping
  • Attempting to get back to the top layer
  • Being stupid and launching yourself off to death
  • Used to get to powerups quicker
  • Used for quicker travel
  • Used for getting across large gaps (If your accurate)
  • Used to get closer to a player (to nemo them)
  • Used to dodge an incoming player you suspect has a nemo

So you see how with all these scenarios, it will be an issue if there was a cooldown as there would be an issue with doing any of these. Especially for mobile players.

However this is just my opinion

8 Likes

I apologise, I have now changed it

Sorry

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s necessary because it doesn’t really get you up any quicker by using all your vaults at once - there isn’t any real advantage so I don’t think this needs to be changed.

The 1st layer lasts 2 minutes and why waste all your vaults going up that high for most likely little time. The 2nd layer lasts 3 minutes so its still a waste in my eyes.

1 Like

bc there will probably be less people the higher up you are, even with less blocks there’s not going to be as many people to destroy the blocks higher up then if you were lower in the map

While I wouldn’t like a cool down on vaults I would like a no vaulting zone under the bottom layer, sweats clutching can be really annoying and just prolong the game.

1 Like

The new touch controls add an interact (right click) button.

I agree. Happens 2 me too. They spam and get away before I could let hive know.

I had an idea. Rather than it being a vanilla interaction it could be tap to use. THEN add the cooldown of maybe 2 seconds not 3. Then its easier for mobile and has a cooldown