Ground Wars - several ideas to improve the gameplay

Idea:

I couldn’t bring myself to write one post per idea, as there are quite a lot to talk about here, and they’re all in my opinion important to mention.

• one map in the dark : really hard to see correctly (let the player decide for map time ?)

it is indeed pretty hard to see in it, and I’m using a screen with a graphic card that help fixing the gamma ; I can’t imagine players trying to play this with a Switch or a mobile.

• timing for building is way too short, 5-10 more seconds would definitively help

everytime I see this, players barely have time to make anything interesting.

• power-ups too unbalanced : some power-ups can appear much more on one side than the other one, the team losing has less power-ups to get than the other one, traitors can appear on winning team where it should be balanced (like in Mario Kart)

it makes things totally unfair, and the team losing don’t have a fair chance to be able to catch up.

• afk system to make

one time, I saw 4 players afk in the same team ! It makes the game quite ridiculous to play. Something should really be done to kick these afk players, and the neatest would be before the game starts (I think about the recent Team Fortress 2 update, where now in case of unbalanced team, some players are actually transfered from one team to another ; I don’t know if it would be a good thing to do there, still a possibility after all).

• prevent camping for losing team and even winning team (doesn’t come near if are winning the game, soiling the interest)

that completely breaks the whole game ! Something should be done to avoid this happening, as moreover the eggs have a certain reach and still take some time to land the further it gets. It is a possible solution here to put an anti-camp system, but another one popped into my mind : what if the goal would not be to gain territory, but rather getting the most kills at the end of the game ?

• can’t tell if it’s our armor or opponent armor that breaks

everytime I hear the armor breaking, I’ve to check chat or bar to see if I’ve still armor on me, which is quite desorienting by preventing focusing on the action.

1. No - one time, I saw 4 players afk in the same team ! It makes the game quite ridiculous to play. Something should really be done to kick these afk players, and the neatest would be before the game starts (I think about the recent Team Fortress 2 update, where now in case of unbalanced team, some players are actually transfered from one team to another.

2. its fine how it is - * timing for building is way too short, 5-10 more seconds would definitively help.

3. its because there isnt enough space for them to spawn - * power-ups too unbalanced : some power-ups can appear much more on one side than the other one, the team losing has less power-ups to get than the other one, traitors can appear on winning team where it should be balanced (like in Mario Kart).

But i do agree with the armour breaking situation. Maybe there should be different noises and depending on what team your on, the colour of your team ( so blue or red) could show on the message