Gold generator for treasure wars update

In my opinion, this is my best suggestion yet.

In Treasure Wars, when a player is first to go on the gold generator to collect gold, they should get all the gold they want, e͟v͟e͟n͟ i͟f͟ a͟n͟o͟t͟h͟e͟r͟ p͟l͟a͟y͟e͟r͟ i͟s͟ o͟n͟ t͟h͟e͟ g͟o͟l͟d͟ g͟e͟n͟e͟r͟a͟t͟o͟r͟ b͟u͟t͟ g͟o͟t͟ t͟h͟e͟r͟e͟ a͟f͟t͟e͟r͟ t͟h͟e͟m, this update would be useful because players wouldn’t have to hog or steal gold from another player, it’s clear to say, once a player gets to the gold gen first, that gold is theirs, not one of their teammates who got there after them. I’m sometimes in a game of mega in treasure wars and I always go to one of the gold generators at the start of the game FIRST before anyone gets there before me, but it gets annoying if a player is on the same gold generator as me but got there a little later, because they’re stealing the gold on the gold generator that I got to first!

So I think this would be a good update on the Hive, please keep in mind that this does incorporate in treasure wars modes like duos, trios, squads and mega.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion, i hope you like it, if you don’t really like the idea, that’s okay, at the end of the day everyone has an opinion on someone’s idea, if you like the suggestion then feel free to vote :slight_smile:

1 Like

But what about if a player who got to the gold generator first camps there all the game? The teammate would not get any gold and therefore lose the game.

2 Likes

ducky said it well.
It would be a massive problem
i dont think it should be implemented because this would increase the amount of people hogging the gold gens

1 Like

A thing that should be included with this small update for treasure wars is if a player who camps the gold generator and they got there first, im guessing they would only have a certain amount of time to collect gold, once the times up for any campers, the gold will be available (at the gold generator) for the other player. The time period would be something like this

30 seconds to gather your gold!

and then 20 seconds later…

10 seconds to gather your gold

And then…

5 seconds to gather your gold!

This timer for people will start counting down if the player on the gold generator has been standing on the gold generator for more than 1 minute.

This wouldn’t be necessary for diamond gens or emeralds because they drop slower.

1 Like

i understand, please take a look at my recent feedback and response to Ducky and reconsider making the decision of a vote :slight_smile:

We actually intentionally implemented mechanics to evenly distribute gold if more than one player is standing on the generator. This was in response to early TreasureWars feedback, in order to prevent players from camping on the generators and stopping teammates from collecting gold.

We are open to rethinking this, but I believe the community consensus is that our current implementation works best.

6 Likes

This doesn’t fix the problem, rather makes it worse.

If someone hogs the gold generator and gets 30 seconds to get their gold, that’s 30 seconds wasted if they just build a fort around their base.

30 seconds makes a big difference in a sweaty game. A team can be fully wiped in that amount of time, so a system like this will just make the situation worse and make it much harder to sweat duos and the like.

1 Like

Something I’d add to this is that, when a generator is upgraded, it instantly dispenses 5 gold, as a sort of instant incentive. IDK if that’s too overpowered.

1 Like