Gifting Pre Owned Cosmetics

Idea:

Gifting Pre Owned Cosmetics

More information:

Sometimes you obtain a cosmetic that you are not really bothered about, but a friend or family member is obsessed with, in this scenario, I think it makes sense for us to be allowed to gift cosmetics that we already own.

Now obviously cosmetics obtained by reaching certain levels in games, such as the Treasure Hoarder Costume when you reach level 75 of Treasure Wars, should be locked to your account, this idea is more for free cosmetics such as ones from time specific events like the Christmas Advent calendars, or most recently the April Fool Rock pet.

The gifter would loose this cosmetic, and it would be added to the receiver’s locker, with a small tag indicating that it was gifted and not obtained on it’s own.

This would also be beneficial for people like me, who were forced to change Microsoft accounts for external reasons, and lost all their items and unlocks, loosing levels in games is par for the course, but not a day goes by when I didn’t wish I still had my Poggers Hub Title from Christmas 2020.

Whether this should apply to paid for cosmetics I’m not really sure, as there is always the ability to buy these again, but unobtainable cosmetics being giftable I feel would be a fair feature, that would make many people’s time on the Hive more enjoyable.

This could lead to people getting scammed, alot of players are young aged, and there is a high possiblity they might get scammed.

So sorry but I don’t think this is a good idea

5 Likes

That’s a fair point, and I definitely think it would have to be a feature that can only happen between two players that are on each others friend list, but gifting is already a feature in the server, I don’t see an obvious difference other than the fact that these cosmetics have no price tag.

That being said, I can definitely see how that would be an issue, and it would have to be moderated.

Just wanna let you know

old topics that suggested costume trading got closed

This seems similar to me, so thats why I said that.

3 Likes

Ah thanks that’s quite useful, I did try to see if it was a duplicate suggestion but only searched Cosmetics, not specifically Costume.
It’s a shame these cosmetics get stuck on old accounts but I can totally see how this could cause as many issues as it solves.
I do still think there is room for a solution, but this may not be it I guess

2 Likes