Forums replacement

A user has requested that i share this message to people on the forums and hive staff. i have not made this suggestion and i am just sharing it:

How does one make the Hive a better server? Submit bug reports and make suggestions. Obviously. Right now there is only one place to do that: the forums. I don’t like that. Not just because I’m banned, but because so many others are banned too. They can’t share their thoughts or submit bugs or suggest ways on how to make the server better.

I come to you with what is, perhaps, the only solution to this problem that has been plaguing the forums since their inception.

Shut them down.

First off, how would this work? Simple. Make a forum announcement saying “We’re shutting down the forums. Thank you for using them. We’ll be moving all the core functions of the forums to ____.” Then shut down the forums.

But where would they be moved to? Well, here’s my idea. Discord.

I contacted a staff member about Discord before and they said it would be difficult to moderate. However, there are many options that are considerably easier to moderate.

First, create a different discord server. Obviously, less people will join this server, which means that it would be easier to moderate.

How would bug reports be managed? Simple. The Galaxite Discord utilizes “Yet Another General Purpose Discord Bot”, or YAGPDB for short. With it, you can create tickets. These open up private channels to speak with staff about the issue.

Suggestions are a bit more difficult. I think Threads would be a good way to keep suggestions easily organized. There could be a general channel for suggestions and then threads could be created off of the posts there. By default, threads automatically archive after 24 hours of inactivity, but that can be changed. Threads could be moderated with Discord’s built in automod feature.

I know the forums are a decent way to keep track of these things, but they’ve run their course. I’ve talked to several people about this, and they agree that the forums should be shut down. Plus, all the money that’s being spent on them can be diverted to a better location.

please consider this hive, i love the forums but i think it’s time for them to go unfortunately.

2 Likes

Ok what about ppl with no discord?

8 Likes

idk tbh, i’ve always wanted a way for people who don’t have discord to be able to interact with the community outside of discord and the forums was a good way if that, but now the forums is not the same as it used to be.

5 Likes

I don’t see the need of making a forum discord when you can just message on the main Hive discord server.

The Hive decided to not make the forums for social community but rather its current purpose. While we may not like their decision it was final so we have to deal with it. you can always pm people to hang out on the server but I don’t see Hive adding the forums ‘community’ back.

Then use the forums

Dude did u even read it

Second time I’m asking this same question to you

He suggested to remove the forums

1 Like

Second time?

2 Likes

bump for new people to see and for more thoughts/ideas

mods if you close this i will be very sad

There are currently no plans to shut down the forums but I could see the forums moving to the Hive Discord Server at some point in the future as Discord has some sort of built-in forums (it is not available on all servers and I only know one server that has it). :smile:

It has guidelines, tags (categories) and most importantly, a search bar. :star_struck: It also wouldn’t clutter the Discord server since everything is in one channel :D

More information about Discord Forum Channels can be found here

5 Likes
  1. Ppl who love the hive and are 15- prob dont have discord and how can they complain npw
  2. You just said it, if you are banned then JUST DO IT ON DISCORD
  3. What is “MAKE AMONG US CHANNEL!” Thing in that photo @Rechenheft ? And its actually supposed ot be said “MAKE AN AMONG US CHANNEL”

Maybe they could just unban everybody who was previously banned for minor and mediocre offensives. What I mean by that is being rude, not following simple rules, etc. And then they should do a name change to something like “Hive Suggestions and Reports”. The latter of which I might be suggesting.

3 Likes

yesss i like that idea a lot! although the move probably ain’t gonna do it tho ://

1 Like

Giving this a bump as Discord is currently rolling out this new built-in forums feature to more and more servers. :smile:

Happy to hear other inputs on this suggestion! :blobheart:

4 Likes

awesome!

that’s pretty cool to hear

1 Like

I think it would be pretty cool but the thing is, how can this be managed very well?

1 Like

managed by moderation or setting it up?

Hive added the ‘forums in discord’ thing for faq’s meaning that they have the technology to do this

bump because discord would be so much more convenient

3 Likes

Ok, so yikes. I don’t believe many people feel like the forums have “run their course” unless you’ve been banned and are sour about it. If you were banned without a reason, that’s a different problem. And why build another forums thing on discord for no reason? I don’t even have discord. There’s no actual reason to get rid of the system that works :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

There are many reasons
Most people are active on discord and forget to check the forums which could be due to
a. Forgetting about it
b. Being perma banned for a dumb reason
c. Login issues
It would also be easy to moderate and would help enforce the 13+ rule slightly better (it wouldn’t completely fix it

Again, my reasons stand, as there are reasons and honestly the forums are buggy and logging in is a pain and communication is bad (group dms don’t exist anymore)

if you don’t have discord, just get it lol
It’s free, you choose what servers your on if you or your parental guardian is concerned about safety, etc, yadda yadda

2 Likes
  1. Forgetting about it is a “you” problem XD
  2. Being banned is your own fault. Again, if Hive is unfairly banning people, that’s a different problem.
  3. I have never had a login issue.

I’m not trying to be frustrating, but I’m respectfully disagreeing. Discord probably would have been a better choice when they first make the forums, but it’s so established here now. Wouldn’t you rather they finish a new game then put effort into moving the forums? At the end of the day, we’re all just random people who like to play games X)