Focus on global updates in 2023

:cubee: - Hive 2022 Review - :cubee:

This section is purely for the context of the suggestion mentioned below

2022 is coming to an end and so it is time to take a look into the future of The Hive in 2023. This year has had a lot of updates in store for us, which I will list below in a dropdown list!

The Hive 2022 Updates (January 1st, 2022 to December 20, 2022)

January:

• In-Game Reporting Testing
  • Lunar New Year
  • Regular Pets

February:

• Chat reporting in in-game reporting

March:

• Social Backend Updates
  • Updated Friend Notifications

April:

• Eggstravaganza Egg Hunt
  • First ever edition of ‘The Buzz’

May:

• Mini Feature: Friend Last Seen

June:

• Major Arcade Update
  • (Dev Diaries: Seasons)
  • Several arcade games balance patches and updates

July:

• Several arcade games balance patches and updates
  • Translation Bug Reporting
  • Mounts have come to The Hive!

August

• Pirate Hub Event
  • DeathRun Content Update
  • Murder Mystery Resource Pack Update

September

• Murder Mystery Update
  • New Hide and Seek Maps

October:

• Adjustment to Platform-Based Matchmaking
  • Hive-o-ween 2022
  • Dynamic availability of game queues
  • Hats have come to The Hive!

November:

• Several bug and translation issue fixes
  • Several smaller features
  • Just Build: Theme Voting
  • (Dev Diaries: Custom Blocks)
  • Hats: Game Support

December:

• Several bug and translation issue fixes
  • Several smaller features
  • Winterfest 2022

Hive specifically wanted to focus on permanent content in 2022, as they’ve mostly been ‘hated’ for too many limited-time updates over the last few years and some main games have received updates this year, but mostly PvP games haven’t. As a server, it can be difficult to update games regularly while not neglecting other things like general development, but this is what this suggestion is for! :bee:

:cubee: - Hive 2023 Suggestion - :cubee:

What The Hive can improve in 2023

One way to provide all players with updates would be global updates that affect all games. Good examples of this would be Quests V2, an update that has been on the roadmap for more than three years already, and Achievements. Also I think that more global updates after upcoming game updates such as Block Party and Treasure Wars Seasons would make a great addition to the server!

Another advantage of this approach would be that all games receive an update about every quarter and you would no longer have to wait one year or longer for your favorite game to receive one. :slight_smile:

Do not get me wrong - this suggestion is not just about implementing mentioned update ideas, more to focus on global updates that affect all games in the near future.

nice! voted

Great idea! Voted
Edit: as a player who plays almost all games on hive I would love for all games to get updated every quarter year as it would bring so much more content :slight_smile: :blush:

Yes I agree but one thing they need to do right now is release that turtle Mount shown in last years review like come on I want that turtle thing

I agree but another thing that would help would be swarms but we’re not getting that voted

2 Likes

I must say you are the king of formatting posts :rofl:

But related to this specific post, I can definitely get behind new Quests or Achievements. Another possible global update would be to update more of their GUIs to match the style of the Compass, Games, and Map Voting. The most commonly used menus that still use the old GUI style might be the Quest menu, the Gifting menu and the Hub Cosmetics menu.

4 Likes

How do you even keep track of their updates :flushed:

Anyway I’m voting since they didn’t really do much with their promise on permanent stuff just hub cosmetics and certain tweaks and mini updates for their games.

2 Likes

yeah this year was just a bunch of trash cosmetics

3 Likes

also treasure wars seasons were announced like 7 months ago, we are reliving the hyped up swarms era

4 Likes

Yea, and hopefully early 2023 we can get block party.

3 Likes

2023 They stop working on treasure wars seasons :skull: imagine tho

3 Likes

BLOCK PARTY BABYY! :beedance: :rainbow:

5 Likes

Bump so maybe the Hive will listen to this post

1 Like