Fixing Hide&Seek problematic spots since doors "fix"

Idea:

Do and think whatever you want with it, but I noticed quite problematic spots, or places that are like annoying (in my opinion OF COURSE) to miss in the Hide&Seek maps since this preventing use door “fix”. I’ll even provide solutions since it’s something some players are so “eager” to see, when we are not forced to provide them since it’s not our job and we can just not have an idea yet to solve issues, but here we go.

Gold Rush :

To get out of this area, you need to perform a pretty tricky fast sprint jump from the hay. Not a jump easy to perform, moreover for new players. Possible solution : adding a hay or removing the fences.

Nexus :

An interesting area, but not possible to use anymore. Possible solution : just remove the doors.

Office :

Not possible to hide in the toilets anymore. Even if this is a small area, it’s still interesting to hide. Possible solution : remove the doors, even make it two rooms or even one room so it’s less obvious to see hiders in there.

Plasma :

This jump is ludicrous to perform. It’s for sure that not everyone will be able to see it or perform this one. Once a hider succeed to get there, if they’re moving, it’s impossible to reach them normally. Possible solution : remove the leaf block on the path to access this corner so it becomes a more accessible area to hide and seek.

Pripryat :

Before the fix, players that were hiding there could escape easily using the fences, not possible anymore. Possible solution : just remove the fences.

And finally, this spot. I told already in the past about it, but a simple barrier block got added so hiders could not get stabilised there. They can still jump on the vine, reach this spot, and go up there, making them pretty difficult to reach. Possible solution : add vines so players can reach this zone more easily without having to perform a tricky jump over the vine.

Hello!

I liked it when you could get in that spot in Nexus not gonna lie.
By the way, in gold Rush as I remember you could get out by clicking over and over again on wicket and just walking in it (not quite sure how to explain it) which was kinda annoying.
I think I’ts nice that you mentioned those problems.
Getting my vote! :smile:

2 Likes

In my opinion this is fine as is; it’s a fun challenge! I do agree with some of your points though - the removal of door functionality did hurt a lot of hiding spots.

5 Likes

I really like this idea! Lots of fun spots were removed when doors got tweaked, but it’s still possible to get through the doors/fences if you glitch, which could result in a huge disadvantage if someone’s inside. Also a shame to see these areas go ):
The pripyat one attached definitely needs a fix imo, removing the barrier blocks seems easiest to me since it’s still an accessible spot, just impossible to hit the hider from the angle that makes most sense to attack from.
I love the plasma jump attached ): It’s definitely difficult for those who haven’t practised much parkour but simple otherwise, far from broken like the others mentioned here.