Fair Matchmaking

Fair Matchmaking

you should make the matchmaking in skywars or any pvp based minigame fair

like for example i am level 1 in sky wars i should enter a game with other people with level 1 or at maximum level 3 so you can enjoy and practice the game freely

the algorithm is going to be like if i am level 3 the minimum level that can join with me is 3 and the maximum is 5, if i am level 4 the minimum level that can join with me is 4 and the maximum is 6 etc…

this would make sw games really boring/predictable/consistent…

1 Like

I do agree with the idea of fair matchmaking but I don’t think levels are the way to do it. I’d much rather see ibmm (input-based matchmaking) as well as a way to check to see if ibmm is on for a game or not. Those two things imo are all the “fairness” we need.

3 Likes

And what about alts? And TW (BW!!!) sweats?

1 Like

what is alts bw and tw sorry if i sound likes a child

2 Likes

what does input matchmaking does?

what about new people to sw not being able to play at all because of sweats ?

You do sound like a child… Alts are short for alternate accounts; sweats second accounts. TW stands for Treasure Wars, a Hive gamemode. And as Hive just announced Bedwars is coming i felt the need to add that

2 Likes

input-based matchmaking matches touch mobile players with other touch players, controller players with other controller players, and keyboard and mouse players with other keyboard and mouse players. For parties, its the highest tier player.

3 Likes

that’s another great idea tbh

new mc players often learn pvp by doing huge team games like sw mega ltm (or sometimes from a friend lol)

1 Like

Get good!

(No really, skill based matchmaking like in bridge was a failed experiment, so don‘t include it in sw too)

3 Likes

Level! Does! Not! Mean! Skill!

Skill! Based! Matchmaking! Sucks!

Input! Based! Matchmaking! Is! Better!

Absurd! Is! Super! Smart! And! Skilled!

Seriously! No! More! Skill! Based! Matchmaking!

4 Likes

How! Long! Did! That! Take!

Hey there! :wave:

Welcome to the Forums!

While this is a good topic, I feel like level should not determine who you play with. I think it should be ranked like The Bridge. So that it would not be ranked by level, but by skill. :thinking:

Have a great day! :sunny:

1 Like

absolutely not bun

1 Like

I sadly have to agree with bun on this, wile your idea is good, level doesn’t mean skill, having skill based would be better. I’m level 10 in bridge and I am ok but I’m not skilled.

My apologies if I’m being harsh I am just simply stating my opinion. I hope you have a lovely day!

3 Likes

yes it makes more sense than level based but it still sucks

Hey! :wave:

It really does suck, but it’s best not to think about yourself, but to think about what could improve the Hive’s community.

Have a great day! :sunny:

2 Likes

yea maybe platform based like bridge or ipmm are they even the same thing