Epic and super coins discussion (Murder Mystery)

I personally agree with all of these things. Further, because so many people are playing mm now, you become murderer and sheriff a lot faster. So you get more opportunities. Also it’s a really awesome feeling to find a rare coin XD

As for the coin XP cap, the Hive is a little stingy on that. I’m a level 43, and yes it takes a long time to level up, and with the new coins and bigger maps, i can hit that cap a lot more often. It’d be nice to have a 50 or 60 XP coin cap, considering how hard the game is to grind, especially considering some people will be grinding out five hundred levels :sweat_smile:

For the murderer’s sake, yeah it’s a lot harder to win, but the murderer is also able to get XP to get invisibility potion-things and speed, so what really changes here is the technique on how to kill people.

1 Like

I think Epic and Super Coins should be very rare at the beginning of a game and become gradually more common as the game goes on. This would encourage the murderer to try to get kills faster, and reward the innocents who survive longer periods of time.

I would also like to see the coin XP cap raised.

1 Like

What about epic/blue coins being able to spawn after 30 seconds (at 4:30) and super/coins after 60 seconds (at 4:00)? :thinking:

Most players like the coins because they make it easier to level up and obviously adding this change would make it harder to gain experience again. What if the xp value of epic/super coins was changed as well (to give more xp than they curently do) to equalize the gameplay change? ^^

1 Like

I dont see how this makes coin collection harder again, as the coin cap is at 30xp until otherwise changed, all it does is give the game more length as once the super coins come out, then anyone remaining who didnt have a bow will now have bows.

This is a good idea but for the reason that it gives the Murderer breathing space before all hell breaks loose. Of course the murderer can still be shot within the first minute but it will be less likely. If the game goes past the 1 minute marker then coin collection further ramps up and increases pressure with less players.

In fact this makes the xp collection less RNG and more skillbased as now you would have to stay alive for the first minute, rather than hoping for a super coin in the first 10 seconds.

I personally am fine with the blue coins spawning in whenever, but maybe limit the purples to after a minute into the game so that innos dont get bows randomly within the first 5 seconds due to good rng

1 Like

I do believe that the spawn rates need adjusting, I’ll be making both coins slightly rarer in an upcoming update, with the super coin increasing more.

Additionally, we’ll be increasing the amount of coins that grant you XP from 30 to 40 on a trial basis, to help balance levelling.

6 Likes

Personally, I’m half and half on this change. I just feel weird playing murder mystery after the update…
It feels weird because they’re changing some of the gameplay a little (get bow faster, prestige, extra arrows, and in general, faster pace.) Sure for some people it may seem minor and if I’m being quite honest, I feel biased when talking about it. I don’t mind the extra arrows thing, but combined with the coins you can easily beat the murderer. What about the murderer?

I also feel like they should release different modes of certain games like they’ve done to skywars. For example, Murder Mystery: Classic; Murder Mystery: Upgraded(or something); Murder Mystery: Puzzle(referring to Trouble in Minevillle/a more advanced MM, which would be fun and require brains).

I don’t know, I think I’m pushing my thoughts too much by commenting… I just feel weird about the entire update

1 Like

Upcoming changes should make things a little fairer for the murderer. Getting bows much faster can make it a little too challenging for them.

Special coins will not spawn in the game during the first 60 seconds, we will see how that feels and continue to tweak.

8 Likes

I personally don’t think that the coins need changing.

They make getting xp easier, which is especially good because of the new prestiges.

And it’s also very satisfying getting a super coin and seeing yourself getting 6 more regular coins, it’s much more interesting than only having the regular ones.

@Tommeedoi gameplay should always have priority over experience. They can always adjust the xp system if needed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also as stated above, they won’t be completely removed, but will spawn less frequently.

:coin: Epic and super coins discussion Part II (Murder Mystery) :coin:

What do YOU think about the coins after the most recent update?
  • I like the new coins and don’t think any changes are needed.
  • I think changes to the coin concept are needed.
0 voters
What score would you give the current coins overall?
0 voters

If you have any balance change ideas, feel free to post them below. The previous polls have been closed as they are no longer up to date. :wink:

3 Likes

For some reason I had a dream about having a red coin in game that gives 4 coins I think I need to play less of the new update lol

2 Likes

I don’t mind the coins although being murderer now is much harder, I think not letting the special coins spawn until later into the game is a good idea, but what I would like to see is to be able to go on and collect more coins to get another arrow. If I miss with my arrow I feel like I’m playing pointlessly from that point on, perhaps then to try to stay alive while maybe collecting a further 15 coins to get another arrow would give me further purpose…

I don’t mind the coins although being murderer now is much harder

but what I would like to see is to be able to go on and collect more coins to get another arrow

I’ve seen this mentioned a few times, but my concern is these statements seem pretty contradictory. I fear allowing you to get another arrow is going to make it even harder for the murderer.

2 Likes

Theres another problem with coins and higher coin cap, that being that some murderers who dont wanna play will just collect their 40 coins and waste everyones time in the process. It’s really annoying (kill or q smh) and I have an idea on how to fix it.

My idea:

• coins just shouldnt give the murder xp so the only way for them to get xp is from murders. murders should give 15 xp tho, to be fairer.
  • Also special coins should spawn more frequently as the round goes on so that if the murderer doesnt kill innos can get xp and stuff.
  • Also also if the murderer doesnt kill before 3 minutes they die or get yeeted

An alternate idea is to lower the coin xp cap for murderers to like 15 or something, that would also help fix this.

idk if this belongs here or on it’s own separate post but its about coins so its here until im told to move it.

Make it so that after 15 coins murderers won’t be able to pick up coins
Because some ppl continue to pick up the coins even after realising that they don’t give xp

Most people continue to collet coins for interactables (speed, invinsibility, etc.). :stuck_out_tongue:

Murders already give you 10xp, however this could be increased to make earning xp fairer, yea.

This is actually an interesting idea :smiley:

1 Like

no, the xp cap message would appear for them. They still need to be able to use powerups and stuff lol

fixed it ty

1 Like

We’re planning the following changes:

• Introduce a murderer XP coin cap (much lower than innocents)
  • Bump kill XP to incentivize getting kills

Additionally, if we feel it’s required, we’ll introduce some sort of debuff/tell if a murderer does not get a kill within a specific timeframe. We’ll monitor the next update to decide whether we need to do this, however.

As a completely off-topic side note, however, I have seen it mentioned, there is a special Murder Mystery bundle ready. However, we needed extra time to finalize the art and get it approved by Minecraft. It was intended to be included with the update, but sometimes things take a little extra time.

Closing as I feel this suggestion/discussion has run its course. Please make follow-up suggestions as you see fit when the changes are made.

6 Likes