Disabling skin filters in Custom Servers

The option of being able to wear anything you desire on custom servers

This option will disable the skin filter in any custom server so you can wear your favourite skins without a problem

Yeah this just seems like a good idea, i want to kill people in skywars wearing a fat steve skin

3 Likes

you have my vote!

2 Likes

And i want to kill people in murder mystery etc as any spongebob skin and as the star wars classic skin pack yoda skin, it would be so funny

1 Like

Thanks for the vote!

1 Like

id be down if its a setting, otherwise I dont want invis skins in my sumos

3 Likes

Well it is indeed a setting but ill say this once, if you turn it on and someone wears a invis skin Tell them to change it, if they wont, invite more trusted friends next time

1 Like

Some skin filters are in place to improve performance for low-end devices. The switch would have its already low fps lowered more if anyone used a laggy skin. So if this suggestion were to be implemented, the Switch might be excluded from it.

1 Like

No
Inappropriate
Kids
Harassment
Blah blah, put it together and you have the reason why this will probably never happen

2 Likes

@DaWhadurMonz Just invite trusted people or turn it off although inappropriate skins unfortunately cant be blocked, ive seen many naked hitler skins in the hub which i regret a second of it, so i recommend you to turn it off if you dont like it

1 Like

That’s not what I meant. I meant that I could turn it off, put on a inappropriate skin, invite random people who don’t want to see that and bam. That make sense?

1 Like

Yeah but sadly, inappropriate skins will never end which is a horrible thing indeed, but if that happens to anyone, maybe they’d just leave or turn around

1 Like

There are already innapropiate skins on The Hive. This won’t make the problem worse.

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think this idea’s very necessary and-

On second thought, I wouldn’t mind obliterating sweaty emos with this skin.
Legitimately speaking though, this an interesting idea that could really add some pizazz to custom servers.

5 Likes

@SlinkSuperior99 agreed, its a never ending nightmare

2 Likes

@iiwqndr yeah, its weird that there isnt a skin Filter setting for custom servers already, why cant you use any skin as a option when its literally your own rules

1 Like

This would probably just lead to some unnecessary confusion. The rules are server-wide for a reason, as if they had different policies on different games, it would simply be too much. For example, the invisible skin rule applies to all the games on the server, as it just makes more sense. If they took out this rule in Just Build, for example, as it does not really give you an unfair advantage there, but don’t allow it in specific other games, players would just get confused. Keeping the rules consistent across the network is the key here.

Secondly, how would moderators deal with reports about this? If a player screenshoted an invisible skin for example, and reported it on the Hive Games Discord Server, there would be no way to tell if the action took place on a public game, or a custom server. You can’t have moderators to remember all thousands of skins that are filtered, so there is pretty much no identicator for this.

It’s good to note that it’s not as simple as that. Custom servers still have to abide by all Hive rules, for example their chat rules or gameplay rules. Cheating is not allowed in a custom server either, pretty much the only rules that can be changed are policies on teaming, prolonging the game (hiding), or kill farming.

At the end, this would result in confusion and a much harder to moderate policy on skins, which wouldn’t contribute to a better server in any way.

5 Likes