Different Weapons

Different weapons for the murderer that can do different things.

Have you ever felt like the sword and throwable don’t really fit your playstyle? No? Well screw you because this is my topic /j. I personally don’t like how visible the sword is (so if I fail an attack, I’m absolutely screwed later in the game) so how about something shorter? The throwable is a bit slow, how about something faster with less range? I’ve got ideas…

How it Works

In the MM lobby there would be a new item in your hotbar.1 Using it would bring up a new menu that has you pick from two lists for what weapons to use. I’m open to concepts and will make one soon.

Choices

Melee
  1. Dagger - smaller texture, but you now have a 10 second kill cooldown and 3 blocks of reach. - @Daviditaly64

2. Shovel - victims get a short time before they die (5 seconds maybe, @Daviditaly64), but you get light killaura. (Killaura is a common hack that means wherever you hit, if a player is in your range, they will be hit. This would be where if you get close, you get a hit.)
    ALTERNATIVE: Just the short time. The victim could turn around and possibly locate and zap their murderer, but the murderer can escape view from others before the victim dies.

3. Axe -

1. Fists - It takes two hits to murder, but you can inflict diseases such as Slowness or Blindness. (@Thomas4725)
Throwable

Blowdart - Travels faster but has a smaller hitbox.

Piercing Crossbow - Projectile goes through 1 innocent2 at the cost of variability in path3

Throwing Knife - Travels faster but breaks after a set time or distance. Maybe 25 blocks? (15 blocks @DavidItaly64)

Lasso - Charge it4 and it’ll go faster and farther. It’s way more obvious and makes a sound when used. (@Thomas4725)

This texture could replace the nether star.

Other

These could replace the Melee, Throwable, or both. They would not be a third weapon.

Mines - Deploy them strategically to (hopefully) catch some innocents. Once one has been set off, you get it back. If you’ve placed mines but none have gone off in the last 30 seconds, you will gain another that will act the same. They WILL have a visible texture, probably .5x.2x.5 blocks to make it visible, but not too insanely obvious. (Adapted from @Thomas4725)

Extras

1 This could be an iron sword, the settings gear used in Block Party and Gravity, etc.

2 This would act as if the projectile was shot from a crossbow with the Piercing 1 enchantment.
3 You know how arrows go slight off path when shot? A bit like this, maybe less or more subtle.
4Hold LT, place, or RMB to begin charging and a message will show up above the hotbar telling you your charge, like the innocent detector

Second concepts, sword, bow, and many ideas (all credited in their place) by @Daviditaly64
A couple ideas (credited in their place) by @Thomas4725

woah I come back this morning to find my post absolutely buried so BUMP bc I need a couple ideas and also should the item to choose be:

• Gear (from Block Party and Gravity)
  • Iron sword (maybe retextured?)
0 voters
1 Like

But the post was made yesterday…

3 Likes

yeah, I made it yesterday and 23 hours later it was completely buried

3 Likes

Oh, okay.
Anyways, I think this is a pretty good idea.

3 Likes

great! the vote button is right at the top! /j
it was just a joke please dont hurt me

2 Likes

Here are are ideas + concepts + review.

Simply nice. How about 15 seconds countdown, and 3 blocks reach?

Yay, I finally understand what Kill-Aura means. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hack + I’m on Switch so I can’t even download mods lol
Anyway I would keep the short kill delay (5 seconds?) but remove the Kill-Aura, players might think the Murder is cheating.

The axe will make you invicible for 3 sec after a kill, that so you can easily have an escape plan or also kill all the nearby players. One disadvantage is that to kill the Sheriff you need 2 hits.

Is it enough family-friendly? Apart from this another good idea.

Nice.

After 15 blocks?

Quick Conclusion

Nice ideas, I voted.

Other concepts

Texture is slightly different from Minecraft original.

3 Likes

amazing concepts, I added them to the post!
15 seconds and 3 blocks is good I think; I believe the default reach is 6 blocks.

Yeah, I was thinking the Killaura might be a problem. Do you have any ideas for the benefit though?

Nice, I hadn’t thought about anything like that!

If mass murder is family friendly, blowdarts are. Probably.

15 blocks feels a bit short honestly. I sometimes get REALLY ranged kills (nearly across the map) so maybe 25? I’m not sure.

1 Like

Maybe an invisible sword but long cooldown called like Ninga Scimitar or smth?

3 Likes

nah, an invisible sword would be really op no matter how long the cooldown is (well as long as its a fair length)

2 Likes

So… if you want to make the weapon “realistic” first I would remove the shovel.
The fact that players die later is already a good thing to move away so that there is no suspicion about you.

Maybe we should use a small weapon that once used afflicts the nearest player (5x5 range) like a test tube with poison?

2 Likes

I was thinking that the kill sound would still play so you could look behind you and see a player or something so it would be a benefit to the innocents, I didnt think about how it would be good for the murderer lol. I feel like not even having to look in the general direction of your victim would be kind of op though, so idk

2 Likes

bump bc more choices would be cool

1 Like

How about “Bare Fists”?
It takes two hits to defeat someone, but you also give someone “diseases” from your bare hands.
Wash your hands, kids!
And for distanced, The Lasso! Charge it up, and whoosh it forwards before it comes back to you! The longer you charge it, the further and quicker it’ll go!
One last one: Mines! Deploy them strategically to hopefully win! But if you’re caught putting them down, you’ll be a goner!

2 Likes

Ooh and mines could blow you up so there is some risk involved

2 Likes