Different variants of steve skins

Bunp time
This is definitely needed, I just had a game where a hive steve was murd & I shot the wrong one.

6 Likes

now yk how I feel when I grind MM :crazy_face: :grimacing: :flushed:

1 Like

I’d say keep the yellow steve, but put a big ol’ number on them. So if there are 3 Hive Steves, put a 1, 2 and a 3 on the front and back of each shirt.

2 Likes

That also makes a lot of sense!
I mean if you make the steve green and lime and yellow, people like me who’re color blind struggle a lot

2 Likes

Buddy, I hear you there, Protanomaly makes a lot of games unplayable

1 Like

Maybe putting a number where the players nametag would normally be could potentially work. This would also solve the rarer issue of matching skins and costumes. The number would be invisible through walls

2 Likes

That feels too easy, being able to just say the number of the murderer, it’s already hard enough for him to win.

10 Likes

Too easy vs what? saying “It’s the Steve in the green hoodie”

Have you ever caught a yellow “Hive” Steve with the sword, turned the corner and there are 3 more?

Some sort of failsafe for duplicate skins would go a long way towards having people die by shooting the dupes.

5 Likes

Ya it’s really annoying. It must be a server bug or something recently that’s happened cause most of the yellow steves recently have just been censored custom skins. Whatever system they use to detect skins to censor must not be working correctly or something cause I remember it didn’t used to be like this.

1 Like

The hive is actually purposefully blocking character creator skins rn, as they cause lag or something(read more about it here: Custom Skin Support (playhive.com))

5 Likes

Oh, thanks so much! My mistake, :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This would be useful because you can see a hive steve but if there are more than 1 of them one steve could be a murderer but you shoot an innocent and get eliminated or it would be good if we could see name tags of people

Can we still use skins from image files?

Ya you can use skins from image files, the ones being blocked are the ones you can create in the custom skin creator in the game

2 Likes

Love this idea! Would be a very helpful feature.

Perhaps if they didn’t all look the same but still looked yellow, maybe some could have bee heads?

Yeah we need somethin like this. I am playin mm rn and there was like 5 Steve’s… let’s just say I died two seconds after seeing the murderer Steve dissapere into the crowd of Steve’s.

Bump…
This is still a good idea as I get annoyed when I am try to kill the murderer who’s a steve but I end up killing the wrong steve.

1 Like

Not sure if this is useful, but it’s out there.

1 Like