Deathrun: Marathon

Deathrun: Marathon

Here’s a new gamemode idea that ill just throw out there and see what you guys think.
This would be just like gravity, everyone in the lobby votes for a map, the 5 most voted maps get chosen and you play all 5 of those maps in succession, finishing the final map to get a victory.
For example if: Steampunk, Survival, Viaduct, Subzero, and Synthwave gets voted the winning time would be 5m 51s
⁽ᵗʰᵉ ⁵ ˢˡᵒʷᵉˢᵗ ᵐᵃᵖˢ ᵇᵃˢᵉᵈ ᵒᶠᶠ ˢʳᶜ ᵈᵉᵃᵗʰʳᵘⁿ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ʳᵉᶜᵒʳᵈˢ⁾
On the flip side, the 5 shortest maps have a total time of 3m 44s
⁽ᵗʰᵉ ⁵ ᶠᵃˢᵗᵉˢᵗ ᵐᵃᵖˢ ᵇᵃˢᵉᵈ ᵒᶠᶠ ˢʳᶜ ᵈᵉᵃᵗʰʳᵘⁿ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ʳᵉᶜᵒʳᵈˢ⁾

In order for this to be practical:

DEATHLESS DEATHRUN
The last thing hive wants to do would have to be done: getting rid of deaths in deathrun. This gamemode already takes long enough (hence the name, “marathon.”) If there were deaths trying to kill you the chance you finish would be very slim. I also dont know how deaths would practically be put in the game with runners warping from map to map.
LEAP COOLDOWN
Leap cooldown should stay the same when going from map to map. Meaning if you leap into the ending portal, when you teleport to the next map instead of your leap cooldown resetting and instantly getting it back you have to continue waiting from whatever the countdown was at from the previous map. Also what do you guys think about “deathrun: marathon” having a faster leap cooldown than the normal 15 seconds? 10 seconds, 5 seconds, I think it would be fun and make the games not as long of a marathon lol.

RUNTIME
I think the total game time should match Skywars at 10 minutes, and when someone finishes it should be reduced to 2 minutes instead of the normal 1 minute countdown.
GAMEMODE STATISTICS
Like bridge solos and duos, the stats (with the exception of level) will be separate. “kills” and “traps activated” wont be a stat if deaths aren’t in it. I’m not sure how the leaderboard would work, because no other gamemode has different leaderboards for the different sub-genres. Solos, Duos, Kits are all on the same leaderboard in the end. “Deathrun: Marathon” would either need its very own leaderboard, or none at all. (I vote for it to have its own)

Command concepts:
/q dr-athon
/q drm

TL:DR a deathless gamemode where you play 5 maps in a row (like gravity)

What do you guys think? Are there flaws in this idea? If so, go ahead and give feedback, maybe additional more in-depth ideas about this gamemode suggestion ill go ahead and add to this post.

Imma go down the list so bear with me:

I feel the name could be something more of, ‘Marathon Runner’ still implying that it would be a ‘race’.

I am all for deathless games, that would make it feel more like a sprint for the finish with nothing but your skill to carry you through till the end.

As for leaps I feel they should stay the same but the maps should be shortened if possible, with 5 maps of these being done at once I feel it would be more fair to everyone if they were shortened by a little bit.

I want to say more of 7 minutes instead of 10, reason being people would still have (roughly) 1:30 to complete each map. Instead of a full 2 minutes which to me seems to long (that’s a personal choice though).

1. I don’t think Kits actually has a leaderboard or counts for the regular Sky monthly leaderboard (someone correct me if I am wrong on this)
  2. It would have some potential either way with or without a leaderboard, it could have it’s own game counter(s) for wins, deaths, etc., like Sky: Kits has.
1 Like

Welcome back, @n1njajeb
Having another DeathRun gamemode that has 5 maps to go through would be challenging, and I like it.

But having no Death would make the most cause of player death of just a missed obstacle (beside the mode name, DeathRun).

I think having Deaths in this gamemode will be even more challenging, and Deaths in this gamemode should be more (maybe 5 Deaths?) than the normal gamemode (2) because players could get away easily if the player is on another map but the Deaths are doing their own business in the previous map

1 Like

Sure, but “Marathon” by itself definitely will get the point across, a marathon is a race after all. “Marathon Runner” is basically like saying “Race Runner.”

The reason I didnt discuss maps in my original post is because that will surely make the hive shut down any thought of this idea. Keeping the maps untouched makes the gamemode as easy as possible to make into a reality.
But now that we’re on the thought of maps, if this gamemode is added it will encourage shorter maps. Shorter maps added to “marathon” and original deathrun. I think we’d all love some shorter maps. I’m talking quicker than 41s.

Thank you for interacting with my suggestion!

Yes, I also thought of this. The reason I decided on the idea of it being deathless is because it would be a fan favorite among map runners and map runners are the ones who will truly be enjoying this marathon game. In deathrun the lobby count is 20 max. 2/20 get chosen as death, but usually the lobby is never fully filled meaning the odds of being chosen as death increase. Increasing marathons lobby count wont increase the amount of people that join. So at most it would be 5/20 people are death.

That would ultimately make a more death favored gamemode, which isnt a bad idea. My original thought for this gamemode was in the mind of a runner but I see how a death would enjoy this too. Death players dont mind longer games so this game would be great for them.
If deaths are added i think a simple hotbar interactable “Next map,” and “Previous map” would work fine for teleporting from map to map.

There could be Deaths but more and already on every map but all the runnera spawn in differe t maps and can skip them like in gravity?